labor rate for tranny swap ?

whats a good estimate to spend on a auto to 5spd swap? (and no, not at a ford dealer...LOL)
How much do you guys think I can get for my stock 02 GT tranny with 74K miles if I sell it to someone?

also, if i go 5spd and get 4.10's will i regret it? I've heard if you got a 5spd to go with 3.73's

thanks for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

If you seriously have plans of swapping the tranny + installing gears you might as well trade it in for a 5spd. Seriously it will save you alot of $$$ and headaches.

I have a 5 speed with 4.10's and have no issues. Do you do a lot of highway driving? That would be the only drawback.

A full swap just labor will probably run about 400. If I were you I'd just get the gears and a tune to firm up the shifts and calibrate the speedo.

Well if you wanna get a better guess.. labor rate (in washington) is about 75-80bucks and hour... i have a friend who works at a tranny shop and he told me it takes him about an hour or so to drop our trannys.. so i total shop time they would charge you about 4-5 hours.. and at $80hr =$360 then you got tax, and shop mark up lol.. so i would guess around 400-500 bucks..

I could be WAY off in other states or something, but thats just what i know.. hope that helps some..

Oh and i got a 5speed and 4.10's and love every minute of it.. the gears are short and on the freeway its not that bad.. sits at about 2600 at 60 or so.. its not that bad.. lol

I have a 5 speed with 4.10's and have no issues. Do you do a lot of highway driving? That would be the only drawback.

A full swap just labor will probably run about 400. If I were you I'd just get the gears and a tune to firm up the shifts and calibrate the speedo.

yeah you're right... I need a tune anyways so I could do that before I get it done.

I guess i was trying to convince myself that it would be cheaper and better to swap and go 5spd.
I was thinking 300-400 labor and I would probably break even from buying a 5spd and selling my auto or come up with an extra $200...i dunno

thanks for the reality check
:bang: