Exhaust Last Exhaust Related Question Before The Install

Ehh; seems like clamping to the end of the collectors and just cutting off the end of the pro chamber might be the easiest way. You really don't even need those hangers on the prochamber if it became an issue. I don't use them because the exhaust so too low and I'd get stuck on speed bumps (my car is low, but certainly not slammed). So without using the hangers you can actually tuck the exhaust up a little higher.

What kind of collectors are on the headers now anyway; just straight 3" pipe or flanged? You may just need a pipe expander where you cut the pro chamber and collectors if you're removing a flange. Other than that I don't see why not.

• Sponsors (?)

The collectors come off as straight 3". They are not flanged so thats why the idea of just cutting the prochamber and band clamping them together seemed to be the easy option. Its going to be the cat that is actually band clamped to the collector. I plan on having the cat welded to the prochamber (the section length cut out same as the length of the cat) and then band clamp the other end of the cat to the collector.

One final word of wisdom is that no long tube header is 50 state legal; they just simply aren't.
I know you said you were using cats for sound reasons, but you finally will need to have it inspected and it's basically a crap shoot if the person cares or not. In NJ they have CCTV to view under each car. 9 times out of 10 they're only looking for the cats, but if they cared or knew the laws & realized you were using LT's, they could fail you.

Just something to ponder. Anyway, your idea sounds fine and should be no issue. Band clamps are fine, just don't use these:
fr1292.jpg

Something like a t-bolt clamp is good:
stainlessclips.jpg

just get these :)
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...d=320&osCsid=87b8b8d4882f7395e304a9f3530288b7

I dont think anyone here really cares they are not that anal about it. They only care that it has a working exhaust system with no holes or that is is not falling apart and that it has cats and mufflers. I am using these for clamps.

8711e79d.jpg

I have never heard of any inspection place failing for longtubes or there being any emissions law against them.

The Mac prochamber is designed to work with a mac longtube. All the longtubes are a little different. You can expect the tubes to not have the spacing as the prochamber. If it's too wide, jack it together with a ratchet strap. If it's too narrow stretch it out with a floor jack.

Kurt

I figured it would be one way or the other but I hope I get lucky and its exactly right...cross's fingers... but the cats will also be in place of the piping on the prochamber so that will either hurt or help me I suppose