Last pics before a butt-job

On the smurf blue mustang:

There are very few times I sit in my fox and say to myself, "Man! I have way too much headroom. If only I could get rid of 3" of my headroom my life would be complete."

That being said, it is clean work, just ruined the proportions of the car... so much nice work kinda wasted on making it look worse. I love the fender flares, can tolerate the exhaust, but I hate the roof chop. Killed the lines of the car.
Lmao! Maybe the guy is 5'0" tall. I'm 6'1" and had to get low seats cuz my baseball cap would scrape !

• Sponsors (?)

At 6' 5" their is no amount of recline that is gonna keep my head out of that headliner. I'm pretty much in the back seat now. Hahaha

Same here. SN95 chassis but same concept. I have through-floor subframes which lower my attachment point of the seat to the chassis about 3/4" and I have a very low profile seat and remade the damn brackets five times and I BARELY have headroom. When we track the Cobra, my wife and I have our own driver seat each because we simply don't have room to fit the slider brackets underneath with the headliner on so we each have our own non-recline race seat with fixed mounting brackets, four bolts on the floor and two on the cage to swap them out. Really annoying...oh...the roof bracing and headliner are also not in that car so we're probably talking about 6" or so more room total than the OEM seating position.

That black mustang is a good looking mustang. I used to work with Doug at Autokraft, he is one heck of a craftsman for sure. If you want to see someone who does real metal work, not glue and bondo, he's one of a few that can do it right. The rear quarters were hand formed out of sheet metal as well as many of the other changes required for the wide body/chop top modification. It may not agree with everyone, but a couple things to consider as far as the work and thought that went into this. Angle of the front, side and quarter windows, angle of the rear hatch, in addition safely sectioning the structural components to go back together seamlessly and safely. Your average bodyman wouldnt be able to do this.

Also, the color on the chopped mustang is Grabber Blue (think boss 302). That car, although done quite a few years ago, still grabs attention wherever it goes.

If your curious, google short wheel base thunderbirds, another project Doug was working on around this same time.