LCA Install...issue with parking brake cable and spring

ScortLX

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2001
Parker, Colorado
Hello everyone,
I just finished the install of my MM LCA's and its a pain but they should be great. I have an issue though. I can't get the emergency brake cable pulled out enough to get the cable hooked on the caliper again. I've tried both sides, pull and pull with no luck. Emergency brake is not on! :shrug: I also was an idiot and had a horrible time getting them out so I thought the return spring had something to do with my troubles. I succeed at getting the spring removed on one side and it is the tightest spring I have ever seen. I can't get it back on the bracket on the back of the caliper. Has anyone had either of these issues? I'm a moron on the spring but I really want to get the spring and cables back on. Any ideas? Thanks! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Fang...yeah I've checked it multiple times and the brake is not engaged at this point. It just seems like they are adjusted really tightly. Thanks Kilgore! :D Where were you last night when my head was somewhere dark and I removed one of the springs! :bang: Have any thoughts on how to get one back on?

if you take your caliper and your rotor of they will just move off to the side as a whole... i have been fussing with one of mine that i took off a long time ago, still havent found a good way to get it back on..

I've done it, its a PAIN. You need to get the right angle on it with the right pair of tools. Thankfully I only did this on one side. Unfortunately a BFH doesn't work but a large pair of channel locks will definately help.

As for geting the cable re-atached, I havn't tried it because I was also able to get the cable back on, but if you might try taking yer console apart and detatching the other end from the parking brake lever. That should give you the extra slack you need. I havn't tried it but its worth giving it a shot.

Thanks Rusty, luckily its only one side of mine as well. When I was trying to get it on I had been in the garage all day and I was already frustrated so that never helps. I'm going to revisit the spring this week and see if I can get it done. I'll look into the e-brake handle for the cables as well. Thanks!