Learning to fix problems in a 65' with a 68' 302

Hey everyone! I'm new to here and the classic mustang life! Learning that there is a lot to learn about these old cars. I've run into a couple of issues and have decided to replace my wiring harness to hopefully solve a lot of little issues I've been having. Firstly, the car is a 1965 A code with a 302 engine from a 1968 mustang. I have power steering that has a leak in it at the moment and manual drum brakes that are now pulling to the left a bit when I brake. I'm planning on switching to power discs as well, so does anyone have any preferences on those? For the harness, does anyone know how many fuses are in this model? I found a box of 5 fuses under the left side of the dash but assumed there would be more.

Thanks, Brett

• Sponsors (?)

Oh yeah, it's amazing to me how bare-bones our cars really are. I open the hood of my wife's Lincoln and there's absolutely nothing I can work on. I tried changing a Xenon light bulb in it (the headlights also turn with the wheels) and failed. Had to pay the guy that changes oil in it $20 to put the $75 bulb in the thing. Mind you I built my '68 from the ground up. When I say I did everything, I mean everything. Bodywork, paint, interior (including headliner), new window seals, engine, manual trans swap. I designed and built my own hydraulic clutch system, I programmed and machined my own shifter, suspension, disc brake swap, everything. Yet a simple headlight on a modern car baffles me. Be thankful for those 5 obsolete glass fuses my good man, they are what keeps me sane when working on my car.