Electrical LED Light Conversion Completed.

Enzio

Dang it. I was hoping mine would get 3 more inches
May 14, 2019
Minnesota
Hi All,
Enzio here. I just retired a few months ago and now that the weather is nicer I'm going to finish up the '76 Cobra II. There are few minor things to take care of and one was part of the LED light conversion that I didn't have time to troubleshoot last fall before the winter set in.
For my retirement I was lucky enough that my parting gift was a GoPro Camera. So, I'm going to video record the work on my old car...complete with all the mistakes I've made in the past and those to come. So if you see some mistakes please be nice. I'm not a mechanic and this is a hobby of mine.
Here is the link to the video on YouTube:

View: https://youtu.be/P_EtwzE5Zps

If you like the video please give me a thumbs up. Subscribe and you'll get updates on future projects.
Thank you.

Attachments

• thumbnail Dash LED.jpg
    thumbnail Dash LED.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks good!! I had my cluster apart last week and swapped my speedometer for a working one and noticed my lenses are pretty yellowed. I left them out for now so one of these days I can try to clean/polish them up. How were your lenses and how did you go about cleaning/restoring them if you did? They look pretty good from what I could see in the video! :) It should be the same as late model headlights which I have done before, so that's the route I plan on taking, but I don't think it would be a bad write-up or video to share.....

Mine are original and I haven't done anything to them. Yes you're right that they look pretty good. I hadn't thought about it. Just took it for granted. I guess it's probably because the sun never shines in Minnesota.
And yes it would be a good write-up or video.

Reactions: 1 user
Either from the sun or from being used and abused for a while! I am from NE Iowa as is my car, and it's been covered and/or garaged for quite some time until lately. I'm hoping to have a garage built next year (with any luck) so I can keep all of my projects both looking good and in a single accessible place. Too many irons in the fire right now though! Keep on it though, your car looks great from what I could see of it! :nice:

Thanks,
It needs body work and paint bad. And now that I think about it the instrument cluster is not original. I got it out of a junk yard in the late 80's. Thank you for watching the video.

You just got added to the "best of" sticky. EXCELLENT work.

Reactions: 2 users