LESS THAN 9.5 MPG CITY DRIVING!!!

Bad sensor or wrong sensor as Mustang5L5 said above in post #21 - needs to be the A2A version of the Crown Vic MAFs, not the OPs AA version.

I'm a C&L guy and have had no issues with both 73 and 76mm units running 19s and 24s. Just a tube change.
I already used the known good A2A with the same bad results. It is possible that both sensors were bad? Possible
Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

So did you run the car without an MAF? If not what MAF did you swap in to get the better mpg? Sorry, I just lost track and am not sure what you did.

Reactions: 1 user
So did you run the car without an MAF? If not what MAF did you swap in to get the better mpg? Sorry, I just lost track and am not sure what you did.
Sorry on my update I missed to include that after I removed the 70mm MAF tube and sensor I installed the stock 55mm MAF tube and sensor.
I already edited and corrected my mistake

Sounds like you have solved the mph issue. I’m going to say the obvious that the 70mm MAF needs to go into the trash. If you want a larger MAF buy a quality one like a C&L or Pro-M.

Sounds like you have solved the mph issue. I’m going to say the obvious that the 70mm MAF needs to go into the trash. If you want a larger MAF buy a quality one like a C&L or Pro-M.
I would agree with your statement but how in hell mine failed? Again I used two different sensors and both gave me crap! It seems everyone is tuning them with success but in my case it just not worked.
I had explosions in the mid pipes when pushing it a little while cold with the 70mm MAF but still have that with the stock one. I already replaced the ACT as suggested by a friend of mine but still…

Now that you have the gas mileage issue cleared up clear the codes and drive it around for a bit and then pull codes. Even if your CEL is not flashing or on clear the codes.

Once we know you don’t have any codes then this becomes a mechanical slash tune up issue.

Now that you have the gas mileage issue cleared up clear the codes and drive it around for a bit and then pull codes. Even if your CEL is not flashing or on clear the codes.

Once we know you don’t have any codes then this becomes a mechanical slash tune up issue.
Thank you for your suggestions. I’ll put them in practice.

What brand maf is it ? Who’s 70mm if it a stock maf in one of to see calibrated deals . Toss it .

Have those 19lb injectors flowed and cleaned make sure they are good . I’d get a pro m maf if you plan on keeping it a 70 mm. The transfer function will be more accurate in my opinion .

You need to see if the 02 are trimming fuel or if the ecu is just using default values because they are no good .

All of this together will make a Huge difference . Give it the timing back if it likes it to .
After reading and seeing the maf fixed it I had to go back and see if it my original suggestion . Which it was . Glad you got it sorted honestly .

Again if you need the big max . Pro m only for me

To be honest I haven’t done all what you had suggested before. I king of trying not to do too many things at a time, but I’m getting there.
I was surprised that two Ford 70mm MAF sensors and eventually I will have to go to the Pro M as you suggest.
Right now I’m running the base 10 degrees advance timing, since I have only a 65mm TB I will stay with the stock 55mm MAF set up for now.
I will clean my inyectores again and look into replacing the O2 sensors. I haven’t had any error codes coming out of the ECU but those O2 sensors could be on the last part of their useful life.

Thanks man