Let's Convince The Wife!!

rooster

Sep 8, 2004
I need some help here fans of the Stang'.... I have been seriously contemplating getting a sports/muscle car for awhile now, and my wife had been pretty much behind me on getting one as long as it would not put a strain on the home finances. Since coming out, the 05' Mustang looks to be my #1 choice...but just the other night my wife went on a tirade of why buying a new car would be silly.

Just for additional info, we both bring in a respectable income with very little debt other than our mortgage. We are not having children, and currently she has a new Mazda 3 (which she loves) and I have a fully paid for 96' Ford Explorer Sport which I plan on keeping.

Are there any folks out there who would like to contribute some legit and hopefully also some entertaining ideas to bolster my want of a new car, and more to the point the 05' Mustang? Have fun with responses. :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

You need this car! Ever guy needs a toy! Something he can get in and forget about the stress of the work day. You and wifey can go crusin' on weekend
to dinner or to car meet(cruse-in). It will be fun! It works for me! :D

i had the same deal with my wife and a co-worker had the perfect plan! he said just get it in the driveway..... it just cost me a little time on the couch but it was over before i knew it. good luck :banana:

98StangRidah, no offense...but if I were able to pay off my mortgage as fast as implied in time to get a Mustang, I think that I would not be asking to go buy a car, I'd just go buy it!

C'mon, where are all the smart ass responses? This is your chance to truly be creative!!!

Can't be too creative, the basic question remains. If you can easily pay for it and not put yourself in financial strain. Then do it. I've already forwarned the wife that around 08' I'm looking into SVT's. No arguing. Just fact.
-Jason

take her for a spin!

rooster said:
98StangRidah, no offense...but if I were able to pay off my mortgage as fast as implied in time to get a Mustang, I think that I would not be asking to go buy a car, I'd just go buy it!

C'mon, where are all the smart ass responses? This is your chance to truly be creative!!!

Go grab one for a test-drive and pull into the driveway so she can see it. Then take her for a ride in it. If she is into it at all, I don't think you should have any problems!! :nice:

Rip it like a bandaid dude. It'll seem like a bad idea for the first 24 hours, then the whole thing will die down and there your new Mustang will be. I've tried this once, and if I survived it with the wife I have (I only limp when walking up hill now), you'll do fine. :flag:

All depends on how bad you want one. As with any new car, financially the smart thing to do is to buy a 1-2 year old used one but that won't happen until next winter or spring. If you really want one and can afford to take the depreciation hit of the first year than go out and get it!

OK, well you can do this too. Help the economy, help a bank, forget buying cash, get a damn loan, get the car and enjoy it. I'm not being sarcastic. It would be nice to be able to pay off your house, or the car, but if you can't do that, but can affor a loan, why not? Good Luck.

Your wife has a brand new Mazda 3 and you're driving around in a 9 year old truck?

Sound's like it's time for you to get a new 05 Mustang.

Come up with some ways to spend less money on other small things so you can get you new Stang. The little odds and ends really add up, cut them down.

Don't let your wife tell you what to do. If you want the car then just go out and buy it. Show her that YOU are wearing the pants in the family, not her. Seriously, all of my women like to bitch and moan, but I don't allow that to bother me. I do whatever I like. And I don't let my women control me and tell me what to do. My wife lets me do whatever I want. And my girlfriends all like the fact that I am free spirited and independent. Nothing ever gets between me, my wife and the relationship between my wife and the other women in my life. I do as I please 24hrs a day 7 days a week. And I like that a lot.