lets play a game called "what connectors are these"

Neltech

Apr 13, 2011
this one is on the drivers side

IMAG0257.jpg

passenger side of motor, comes off of the injector furthest to the front of the car

IMAG0254.jpg

passenger side near firewall

IMAG0253.jpg

also passenger side near firewall

IMAG0252.jpg

also passenger side near firewall

IMAG0251.jpg

and here is an outer shot of that hole side

IMAG0255.jpg

the plug that is right above the valve cover has a ground going to it, for the fuel pump or some ****? it was a banana clip wedged into it so i took it out and soldered it on the other side of the connector.

• Sponsors (?)

Those are all the conectors for your smog and EGR junk (which appears in your pics to be totally removed).

so is this a bad thing? I have another post about engine codes and i'm guessing this is why.

we dont have emissions up here in minnesota so i could care less about it, i just want my friggin car to start every time

It's not necessarily a bad thing from just a start/run/perform standpoint. Internal combustion engines are perfectly happy to run without smog equipment but yes... it can and will cause computer codes.

Below is a wire diagram I saw in one of JRichker's posts. Should help you pinpoint specifics on each connector.

To get rid of the codes will require a tune to disable those functions not in use that are spitting codes. You should at least be able to use the diagram to help figure out a) what each connector is and b) which EEC codes you can disregard due to component removal:

91-93 Diagram. You didn't specify your year so I guessed. lol

91-93_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif

1st pic looks like the plug for A/C clutch connector wiring that is normally below the coil area.

2nd pic looks like your ECT sensor plug at the heater hard line.

3rd pic looks like an O2 harness plug.

4th pic looks like A/C pressure switch the would go on top of the dryer.

5th pic looks like a vacuum check valve for the vac canister in pass fender.

Check the wire colors for each plug in question against a wiring diagram for a definitive answer.

Well, if your O2 harness is not connected..that's a bad thing.

With EFI, you can't just disconnect stuff without consequences. With that many connections just "hanging in the breeze" i could see why the car might have some issues.

Well, if your O2 harness is not connected..that's a bad thing.

With EFI, you can't just disconnect stuff without consequences. With that many connections just "hanging in the breeze" i could see why the car might have some issues.

yeah thats the one i was worried about.

I just talked to the dude and he said if you floor it before and while turning the key it'll put the computer into "baseline" mode

No...if you floor it while starting, it turns off the injectors allowing you to start a flooded engine. Once it starts, injectors activate again.

What he said is not true. Needing to start the car that way is signs of a bad tps sensor, bad ect sensor, or lack of o2 sensors.

Needless to say....you have some work ahead of you

#1 is ac coil power...not needed woth ac removed

#2 is ect or charcoal canister. If it's ect...you need to hook that up

#3 is o2 sensor...but the location doesn't make sense it should be further forward connected under the maf

#4 Is the low pressure sensor for the ac...looks like the guy just ripped it from bottle instead of unplug

#5 Is emissions stuff...either egr or tab/tad solenoids

#6 is the plug to the tps sensor...something looks wrong there...but this is important

Also, your maf plug looks strange. I've never seen one like that before