Suspension Lets talk about suspension springs

My Eibach pro kit lowered it to right where I wanted it, and the ride quality is not bad at all.
If I were 18, I’d cut the springs. Now, I try to do things right.
Pretty sure I still look 18.......
DSCF0683.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Ah yes, it must have been an old pic I came across, I’m my endless “research”. It looks perfect. Combined with the good reviews regarding ride quality I would strongly consider them if not coil overs. Thanks

Ah yes, it must have been an old pic I came across, I’m my endless “research”. It looks perfect. Combined with the good reviews regarding ride quality I would strongly consider them if not coil overs. Thanks
I used the pics of @Mstng93SSP cars as my most influential reference when I went with the Pro Kit. I was not disappointed at all. I also have adjustable rear control arms.
650A5AD3-1E4E-422E-899B-78BD6BE85E8C.png

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
So we have some for the H&R and some for the Eibach.....
When the dust settles, about the same?
They are not even close to the same.
I've had at least 6 sets of springs, maybe more. Stock springs, Moroso tricks, saleens, eibachs, 4 bangers, h&r's.
There is absolutely no comparison of eibach rear springs compared to h&r springs.
The eibach kit felt pretty much like my saleen kit (they made it so...) All the do is shorten and stiffen the hell out of them.
Nothing wrong with the eibach pro kit, i bet a good percentage of guys on this forum at some time had them, seen them, been in a car with them or installed them. They do tend to sit nearly perfect (i feel like the h&r's don't quite sit as low).
But, I'd say the h&r's ride quality is 100% better especially on the back end of the car. You can tell just buy pushing on the hatch how much better the h&r's are going to ride.

Next question, How will a set of H&R's ride compared to my stock 40 year old springs?
Check the spring rate. (Most) any lowering spring will be a higher rate, so a rougher ride. Also, slamming is not helpful for handling. The ones that are most like the Steeda springs should not break up kidney stones and jar loose fillings.

I agree with @7991LXnSHO
Mine definitely rides harsher than the original springs, but feels more in control, if that makes sense. I knew I would have to sacrifice the ride to get the stance I wanted...... but I’m ok with that.

I agree with @7991LXnSHO
Mine definitely rides harsher than the original springs, but feels more in control, if that makes sense. I knew I would have to sacrifice the ride to get the stance I wanted...... but I’m ok with that.
Are we talking Harsh or firmer.... I took my 89 year old Dad in my 650 and he said it was too " bumpy" riding......LOL
DSCF0433.JPG

IDK, the lower you go, the harder it will be to get in and out (especially out) of as you get older! And the fact I just thought about that makes me feel even older now!
LOL.... Yes, that is on my mind..... A problem with the BMW in the above post.... LOL..... I think that is one reason we oldies like our trucks... I can climb into them without having to bend my hips or neck ( which neither work so good anymore) and the best part is " sliding out" to the ground.... Getting OLD sucks
PS. I have found getting in and out of convertibles ( when the top is down) seems to be MUCH easier than NON convertible cars.......

Last edited:
OK, so lets say I reuse my old springs... Pretty sure they are the ones that came in it from May of 1984.......
I understand "sag", so it might sit a touch lower, but will their age be make them worse handling than the stock springs they are?

OK, so lets say I reuse my old springs... Pretty sure they are the ones that came in it from May of 1984.......
I understand "sag", so it might sit a touch lower, but will their age be make them worse handling than the stock springs they are?
Not unless the car is sitting crooked.

Are we talking Harsh or firmer.... I took my 89 year old Dad in my 650 and he said it was too " bumpy" riding......LOL
DSCF0433.JPG
The slight, easy ups and downs in the road are soaked up easily. The sudden bumps like hitting a small divot or bump jar you pretty good. Nothing unlike any other car that’s been set up for handling instead of comfort.

I think that is one reason we oldies like our trucks...
It is farther to fall when you get out but I usually don't feel it till the next morning :jester:
IDK, the lower you go, the harder it will be to get in and out (especially out) of as you get older!
And it's not as far when you fall out, doesn't hurt as much the next morning.
And no, I don't have a drinking problem, have not spilled one in years.