Lets Talk Fuel Systems

insane302cancan

Feb 7, 2006
fuel route.jpg
Well, the pile is going under the knife yet again. On my way to the track i did the ol' 1-2 power shift and had an oversized valve in the ported e7' heads hit the non fly cutted piston. Big hole, Massive hole. Anyways, I bought a new motor and need to figure out which way i want to go with the fuel system. Id like to keep the aeromotive 340 intank, and the stock lines up to the engine compartment.

The motor i have is estimated somewhere between 440-480 crank hp
(probe 347 stroker 11-1 comp
.608 lift isky cam
girdled
TFS ported early Twisted wedge 170cc heads
Port matched RPM 2 intake
38 # injectors

Anyways, I bought a "lot" of parts which included vortech rails which i would also like to use. i feel like the stock lines should be suffice for my power goals. Kurgan says the stock lines and rails are good for around 560 rwhp or so i heard through the grape vine. Let me know what you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

The next thing to fail will be the stock block if you are using one. Once you get up into the 450+HP area, the stock blocks start to split in the lifter valley area. The girdle is worthless to prevent that, it may save the crank but that's about it.

I have seen a number of guys here on Stangnet and their sad stories about splitting the stock block. Maybe someone will chime in...
[USERGROUP=77]@SN Certified Technician[/USERGROUP]

See Google for more information about the block split that seems to shadow the 5.0 stock block at increased power & RPM levels.

Last edited:
Yea, i know about the block split issues. im hoping to stay conservative on the tune and rpm since heat and pressure tend to be factors of block splitting. My question is if the fuel line diagram i made will work with out any real issues?

I was planning on running -8 for cross over, -8 into the y fitting, -8 from the fitting to the fpr, then -8 adapted into the stock steel lines