List your cars problems

2000 GT - 94,xxx miles

-Replaced TOB twice
-Fix a clunk in the driver window
-Exhaust rattles against the body at times (mostly reverse). This due to aftermarket exhaust, and probably that my slip-fit connections arent welded.

Other than those mentioned, the car runs fantastic. No squeaks or rattles, audio system is good. Very minor interior wear, passenger seat is in excellent condition, driver seat has some creases. Runs like a champ.

• Sponsors (?)

2002 Mustang -- Original Owner
39,000 miles

- Front bumper has some orange peel on the paint on the inside of the air dam and on the inside of the passenger side fog light hole from when the body shop repainted the bottom part of the bumper when they accidently scratched it when they pulled out the front right headlight assembly. They had to repaint the only the entire right side of the front bumper and part of the bottom area of the bumper where the air dam and the passenger side fog light hole is located. They couldn't reach inside the air dam and fog light hole with a buffer to wet sand and smooth out the paint and take off the orange peel.

- There is still a small gap between the front passenger side headlight assembly and the front pointed part of the front fender from after I got the car back from the body shop after they repaired the front bumper and straightened out one of the impact shocks behind the front bumper that resulted from a hit and run by an illegal alien Equadorian while my Mustang was parked.

-

i've actually caused most of the problems on my car.

broken 3650 at 19K (overshift at the track), rubuilt in dec 05
bad exhaust gasket at MW in july 05, fixed in autozone parking lot
squeaky TOB in sep 06, insatlled new TOB and threw in a viper T56 while i was at it Oct 06.
i keep blowing intercooler piping apart, needs to be welded.
thats about it

02 blown GT w/ 45k

creaking when turning at slwo speeds - rack bushings repalced with poly's ($10)
burns a TINY bit of oil cuz i have no catch can on the PCV
prochamber hung too low and lift at work moved it, causing an exhast leak at teh drivers manifold flange. replaced collared studs w/ bolts ($1)
hitting bumps aroudn turns occasionally rubs a rear tire (315's)
a LITTLE bit of grinding (more of a kickback) when going into 2nd when cold (meh, done care lol)
when cold for the first few minutes, ill hit the gas and it bogs for a second. ie: revving or shifting. makes for a very clunky jerky shift for a couple minutes. not sure what it is. TPS, O2?

96 Cobra, 74k miles
Original engine had bearing failure at 66k miles, only due to the original owner not keeping up on oil changes.
The rear sway bar broke off
The t45 had shift fork problems
The king cobra clutch I put in it blew up in about a 1k miles
I also replaced the pcm for some electrical gremlin stalling problem

I have had my times of being left stranded and waiting for a tow with the car but I love it none the less.

00 GT - 40,000 miles

Needed new starter 3 days after I bought it, Oct. 04
Idling issues - will be doing a/c delete this summer, hopefully it will fix that
driver seatbelt does not retract unless you feed it in
problem with emergency brake sensor, which is causing the remote starter not to work (just been too lazy to get around to getting it fixed).
Coating on center console (near emergency brake) is peeling.

All in all, not bad for a 7 year old car, imo...

To date I've had to replace:

Radiator (sprung a leak in the middle of the first winter I owned it)
Springs/Shocks (Rear left spring was snapped in half and front right shock was blown...replaced with FRPP handling kit)

It also consumes a decent quantity of oil but like others have said, it's more than likely PCV blowby because the exhaust isn't funny smelling or colored.

Lately it had started having issues starting in cold weather, dieing on the first try or sputtering and wheezing before it idled out to normal...started up just fine 2 weeks ago when I had to move it to a different hibernating place though.

I think the 02 sensors or something is on the way out too, it might just need a tune, but it likes to throw random Rich or Lean codes...going through a touch-free carwash will sometimes throw a rich/lean code as well as other random driving. Hopefully a tune will fix it.

01, 40k

Warped head leaking a tiny bit. Replaced after 15k under warranty despite tons of mods.

Errr. Thats it. My car has been SO reliable. I store it all winter and it fires right up every time and runs awesome. I love this car.

1996 with 120k (km's)
1 mediocre balljoint (replaced anyways)
intake manifold broke 1 week after I got the car... that was the only real problem.
and if I'm being picky the voltage regulator on the alternator went.. but I had an extra...
Pretty good for me...

96GTCoupe - 71k
- Rotors are warped from calipers being old/hangin up.
- Rear Calipers are barely working old
- T/C is old and whines under alot of heat
- Exhaust being replaced

Other than that, the car really is holding up! Normal maintence

My car isn't as lucky as some of you :nonono:

--High miles :D but still runs decent
--The paint is severely faded and lacks a clearcoat. Front bumper/rear bumper mainly.
--Has some dings/scratches
--With this current midpipe, car is running really rich :shrug: I'm hoping after I switch to the mac h pipe without any cats and get the xcal2 in that it'll fix somewhat. I currently throw the CEL often due to this exhaust setup and just clear it with a vinlocked superchip programmer that I have (though it returns in a day or so).
--I believe one of the cats on my current midpipe is clogged since I get an odd sound that somewhat resembles a rattle from it
--the plastic cowl panel between the hood/windshield is brittle and broke :(
--ticking/clicking sound coming from passenger side of engine when lightly accelerating. Gets pretty annoying. Not real sure of the problem though might be a good idea for me to get some new chains/guides installed
--Had to rebuild the 4r70w though couldn't be happier with the setup that I now have :nice:

Well I guess im not alone then, lol. Doesnt seem too bad overall though.

Glad to hear others are having the oil consumption problem also. Hopefully a catch can is on order soon, too bad JLT doesnt have the PCV pre-filter for 2v's. I put a new PCV in not long ago and it didnt help either.

'96 GT. 75k miles.
Crappy intake broke. That was the only big problem I've really had.
I had to have a pinion seal in the rear-end replaced.
I've had other minor replacements that I did myself. The list includes:
IAC
Thermostat
Coolant temp. sensor

Other than that, just regular maintanence. It's been a very good car.