Little help with lowering springs for 98 GT vert

ibn_inked

Mar 22, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hey all. New to the forums as a member, but read them regularly.

I have recently purchased a 1998 GT vert and have a set of Eibach Pro Kit Springs to lower it. I have changed springs on my 09 GT500 and have done agood bit of suspension work on my best friends 09 Challenger.

My question is, I can't seem to get the front A arm low enough to pry the spring out of there to place the new one in. There were lots of videos online for my GT500 and my friends Challenger, but not any that I could find for a 98 GT Vert. I tried taking off the outer tie rod end, and disconnecting the front sway bar end link, and taking off the two bolts that hold the shock into the shock tower. I am at a loss here and feel rather silly.

Any advice yall can provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

A spring compressor will help but if you aren't going to go that route, the A Arm will not go down far enough but you can pull the spring out. You just need a chain and some muscle. You don't want to be right up next to the spring when you pull with all your might cause the spring is still loaded and it could kill you... I used a chain and pulled the hell out of it and it came out just fine.

Thanks!

Yah, I called an acquaintance of mine that owns Atlanta Chassis Dyno and he said the exact same thing. I'll just have to pick up a set of spring compressors this week.

He said the back doesn't require spring compression to get them out. I guess I'll find out. :)

Thanks!

Yah, I called an acquaintance of mine that owns Atlanta Chassis Dyno and he said the exact same thing. I'll just have to pick up a set of spring compressors this week.

He said the back doesn't require spring compression to get them out. I guess I'll find out. :)

Some stores like AutoZone will "lend" you the spring compressors. You might want to call around and save a buck or two.