Roush Lizstick??

sal07b

Mar 18, 2004
Springboro Ohio
Anyone know of a car in Lizstick that may be available? My wife is really gaga over that color and I'd like to find one (yea, yea, I know, not many of them). We could probably get a new one in that color, but I'm just not sold on the looks of the new ones vs. the New Edge body style. The new ones are just too plain IMHO...

• Sponsors (?)

Saleen Mike said:
Ed recently traded the 2F2F car in at dealership in VA. You could find him on the other board and ask him to see if it is still there.

What "other board" are you referring to? I hear that all the time, but am really not sure what board everyone is referring to. Is the 2F2F car Lizstick?

sal07b said:
What "other board" are you referring to? I hear that all the time, but am really not sure what board everyone is referring to. Is the 2F2F car Lizstick?

The largest Saleen specific webboard out there- You can get to it by clicking Forums from the Saleen Club of America homepage.

Yes, the 2F2F car is Lizstick, and was one of the 2 survivors from the movie.

DSC00024.JPG

Saleen Mike said:
The largest Saleen specific webboard out there- You can get to it by clicking Forums from the Saleen Club of America homepage.

Yes, the 2F2F car is Lizstick, and was one of the 2 survivors from the movie.

DSC00024.JPG

Definately a sweet car. Unfortunately, the dealership that it was traded to has sold it. Oh well, thanks for the information anyways...

sal07b said:
Hows that? I thought it was a "real" Saleen (hence, has a "real" number...)

While Saleen did build the cars for 2F2F, they were not (all) numbered.

There were 2 "survivors" from the movie, Ed's car, and one here in CO. The one here in CO is numbered, and I believe was returned to Saleen after the movie was made, and it was numbered at that time.

Why is the one numbered in CO you may ask- perhaps because it is owned by somebody with two S7s, and they did it for him because of that reason.

I'm sure if Ed would have dropped $1M on a couple S7s they would not only have given him the touch-up paint he had been requesting for a couple years, they would have numbered it as well.

Dave,
I don't recall Saleen making any addition Lizstick red mustangs other then Liz's former speedster 1999 #02, Kevin's 03 Cobra Speedster, the glass top 2005 S281 press car, her currrent 06 convertable S281 and the Hollywood Homicide coupes that Saleen made in 2003 ( I think around 15 were made) I've seen one on ebay a few times....... Good luck with the search

IIRC not all of the Hollywood Horsepower Coupes were in Lizstick Red, I seem to remember a number of them being Redfire, Lizstick Red was a extra cost option on those too.

And no my car is not for sale, Sorry...........:shrug:

tfalk said:
Mike, I had the opposite experience, but that's when Carlos was running the parts department. I called up and got a spare set of 122's for both cars. They were slightly different which is why I had to get both sets.

The Parts Dept. ran MUCH better when Carlos was in there. No problems when Bob R. was there either. These are different times.

s351rspeedster said:
Dave,
I don't recall Saleen making any addition Lizstick red mustangs other then Liz's former speedster 1999 #02, Kevin's 03 Cobra Speedster, the glass top 2005 S281 press car, her currrent 06 convertable S281 and the Hollywood Homicide coupes that Saleen made in 2003 ( I think around 15 were made) I've seen one on ebay a few times....... Good luck with the search

I think a majority of the HH Coupes that Saleen built to feed off the movie frenzy were indeed "Redfire" with the option to get Lizstick.

There is a VA Saleen owner with a couple LizStick cars, and the color is on a few S7s.

Cali 281SC said:
Were those 2F2F cars the E models?

Nice color, BTW.

Ed's car was not an "E". I know one that was crushed was a shell. The movie car that is in CO is an "E". The HH Edition 2F2F cars were S281-SC cars, not "E"s.

Saleen Mike said:
The Parts Dept. ran MUCH better when Carlos was in there. No problems when Bob R. was there either. These are different times.

I think a majority of the HH Coupes that Saleen built to feed off the movie frenzy were indeed "Redfire" with the option to get Lizstick.

There is a VA Saleen owner with a couple LizStick cars, and the color is on a few S7s.

Ed's car was not an "E". I know one that was crushed was a shell. The movie car that is in CO is an "E". The HH Edition 2F2F cars were S281-SC cars, not "E"s.

Bob is back. He will get you any numbers you want Mike. I have an entire box of numbers also 0-9. Let me know if you want to number your wife soccer van with bumper number #06 and I'll drop them in the mail for you.:D

marcus95 said:
Bob is back. He will get you any numbers you want Mike. I have an entire box of numbers also 0-9. Let me know if you want to number your wife soccer van with bumper number #06 and I'll drop them in the mail for you.:D

"...I have an entire box of numbers...":nonono: You have almost everything!! OK, here is what I need: new black S286 floor mats, the correct soft tonneau, alcon brakes, a heat extractor hood, and a couple of 1994-1997 specific Saleen Recaro front seats. Lemme guess, none of those are in your collection right...:D Oh yea, and how about parting with those damn 10" Magnesiums I need you parts hog...:rlaugh: