Local dealer has Comp Orange 04 Cobra for $29.5K

Stangnut

Mar 24, 2003
Dothan, AL
Local dealer has Comp Orange 04 Cobra Coupe for $29.5K

A local dealer, who has been very patient and understanding reagarding my Mustang insanity, just sent me an email telling me he had an '04 Cobra Coupe with 2300 miles, Comp Orange, and ASKING $29,500.

I test drove a white '04 he has several months ago and fell in love with everything but the color. I told him I was lucky it wasn't orange or it would have been hard not to buy it. Well now he has one, but I'm set on an '05.

Since he's been so understanding I wanted to pass on the info, if there's anyone near southeast Alabama.
It's at Ed Sherling Ford in Enterprise, AL.
Oh, and I'll be dropping by tomorrow... just to look. Well, hopefully just to look. I may be driving a new Cobra home tomorrow.

Jason

• Sponsors (?)

I actually posted this here, in case someone else wanted it, but I drove the orange one today and loved it, of course. I think it's a pretty good with what he said he would give me for my car. The numbers we haggled over today worked out VERY well. If it's still there Saturday, I MIGHT go look at it again.

Oh, BTW the way, the salesman's name is Dale Moates if someone wants to make my decision a lot easier by buying it first.

Jason

LsRedy2Kstang said:
Buy it, you cannot get a 05 GT for 28K. I would jump on that one in a heartbeat.

Travis
Actually, I can and I am. Another salesman at another dealer has quoted me $24,966.00.
I went back and looked at the Cobra after hours and decided not to get it.

Jason

Stangnut said:
I actually posted this here, in case someone else wanted it, but I drove the orange one today and loved it, of course. I think it's a pretty good with what he said he would give me for my car. The numbers we haggled over today worked out VERY well. If it's still there Saturday, I MIGHT go look at it again.

Oh, BTW the way, the salesman's name is Dale Moates if someone wants to make my decision a lot easier by buying it first.

Jason
I've just had an email 'conversation' with Dale and we've hopefully started the 'dance of prices' I have family/friends up in the Enterprise area so that wouldn't be a problem...here in Central Florida, Cobra's are over priced (and hard to find as I've been looking since right after I got my MACH1 and realized it isn't fast enough for me). Thanks for the heads up.

weldonGT said:
I've just had an email 'conversation' with Dale and we've hopefully started the 'dance of prices' I have family/friends up in the Enterprise area so that wouldn't be a problem...here in Central Florida, Cobra's are over priced (and hard to find as I've been looking since right after I got my MACH1 and realized it isn't fast enough for me). Thanks for the heads up.
LOL I called Dale shortly after you talked to him to tell him I decided not to get it. He told me someone had seen my post and was very interested in it.
I'm glad I could help out a fellow Mustang fan and Dale also since he's gone out of his way for me.
Let me know how it turns out.
Or better yet, if you come up here to get it you'll have to drop by before going back to FL.

Jason

Stangnut said:
LOL I called Dale shortly after you talked to him to tell him I decided not to get it. He told me someone had seen my post and was very interested in it.
I'm glad I could help out a fellow Mustang fan and Dale also since he's gone out of his way for me.
Let me know how it turns out.
Or better yet, if you come up here to get it you'll have to drop by before going back to FL.

Jason
Well...it didn't work out...dang it...we thru some numbers back and forth and the bottom line was a touch more than I wanted to pay...but I was thinking about it (aka talking the wife into it) and he let me know that it had just sold...oh well...the search continues...I have to say that Dale was cool and MUCH better to deal with than my local sales folks...I'm originally from near Dothan (Graceville Fl just across the Florida line) so it felt good to talk to someone from up there....let me know if you see any more Snakes.
Thanks
Weldongt

weldonGT said:
Well...it didn't work out...dang it...we thru some numbers back and forth and the bottom line was a touch more than I wanted to pay...but I was thinking about it (aka talking the wife into it) and he let me know that it had just sold...oh well...the search continues...I have to say that Dale was cool and MUCH better to deal with than my local sales folks...I'm originally from near Dothan (Graceville Fl just across the Florida line) so it felt good to talk to someone from up there....let me know if you see any more Snakes.
Thanks
Weldongt
Yeah. I talked to Dale today and he said some old guy in a CAMRY bought it! Oh well. I'll keep my eyes open and I'm sure Dale will too.
He has certainly been the best to deal with in looking for an 05. The guy who had one ordered for me said nothing will happen with the order until January. He's a REALLY small dealership. So it looks like I will be ordering from Dale.
Jason