Location of ABS Module

WifesMechanic

New Member
May 25, 2009
3
0
0
My wife has a 2002 GT and for the past few months has been driving with the ABS light and TRAC lights on. Had it in to a body shop for unrelated work and they took it to the dealership to have the ABS code checked.

The tech ran a diagnosis that showed no codes and next did a symptom chart test, pinpoint test A, with the results need a new ABS Module. I have attached a pic of the part I am pretty sure needs replaced from my internet search.

Is this module located on the actual ABS system mounted behind the radiator? I think it would be, but it is not exactly the best place to get to for a quick look!

Is anything special needed other than unbolting/unplugging the old one and installing the new one?

Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • ABS560290-7.webp
    ABS560290-7.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 509
yeah, that looks like it.

ford says to remove the Hydrolic Control Unit (HCU), then remove the control module from the HCU by removing 6 screws.

you'll naturally need to bleed the brakes afterwards.
 
Thanks for the reply! I was hoping to avoid removing the HCU.

Has anyone else had to replace a ABS module? If so, did anyone do it without removing the HCU? If I have to I will of course.

ed