Look at these fast civics! Makes me want to sell the stang.

• Sponsors (?)

Whatever, theres no possible way you can find an acutal percentage of the civics you would beat. Civics are alot easier to make quick then you guys think.

How many of them do YOU see run at the track that run faster than high 13s?????? Not many. The guys car is turboed and HCI and lookin for 10s. Not many civics or any cars for that matter can say that they have that. Do you have any idea how many fuggin civics they pump out, most of them never see a race track and stay as econoboxes on the street where they belong. When I went to importvs domestic day at the track, I saw a few civics, most running 15+, only one that was trailered in and on slicks made it to the 12s then blew a fuel line after one run. edit: and its not like we are saying that he would DEFINATELY BEAT 99.6 OUT OF EVRY ONE HUNDRED OF THE CIVICS HE RACED!! WE ARE SAYINBG THAT NO WAY IN HELL DO 1% OF THE CIVICS THAT HAVE BEEN MAD GOP FASTER THAN MID 10S.

payupsucka said:

Even better, I made a new one... :nice:

RMBJ.jpg

grey5.0beast said:
How many of them do YOU see run at the track that run faster than high 13s?????? Not many. The guys car is turboed and HCI and lookin for 10s. Not many civics or any cars for that matter can say that they have that. Do you have any idea how many fuggin civics they pump out, most of them never see a race track and stay as econoboxes on the street where they belong. When I went to importvs domestic day at the track, I saw a few civics, most running 15+, only one that was trailered in and on slicks made it to the 12s then blew a fuel line after one run. edit: and its not like we are saying that he would DEFINATELY BEAT 99.6 OUT OF EVRY ONE HUNDRED OF THE CIVICS HE RACED!! WE ARE SAYINBG THAT NO WAY IN HELL DO 1% OF THE CIVICS THAT HAVE BEEN MAD GOP FASTER THAN MID 10S.

Actually hes looking for 8's.

You guys are acting like I praise civics. I just give them respect, just because their 4cyls dosent mean they cant be quick. Ill tell you too, I can beat MOST civics on the street, but ALOT (more then you think) have done engine swaps and turboed. Witch isnt enough to beat the CFT mustang but enough to beat most of us HCI mustangs. Not alot of people are willing to do that much work to a 4cyl, I wouldnt, but I give respect to the people who do, and actually make it work, unlike alot of close minded mustang owners.

I am not close minded, I was just stating that no way in hell out of the million plus civics built that 10,000+ run 10s. And who is looking for mid 8s, we were not talkin bou supra slayer. I am talking about ms93gt, you said you doubt that he could beat 99.9% of the civics, hence my rebutle

I know what your saying MOB. Making a car fast, is not hard. Making a nice fast car is a lot harder. If you really put some money into it, maby you'll get a civic quick, but never really fast. I guess someone will dump huge amounts of money into them and one day get a really fast one, but it isn't practical. There are guys that have gotten stock engined foxbodies into the 12's in the 1/4, and when I mean stock is no modificaions at all to the motor. However, how many are doing it? Hardly any. I can make it sound real simple: Just do lots of weight reduction and some sticky tires and a good gear with the right driver. Add a 200shot of spray and easily be in the 11's if not faster. No engine swap nessasary!!! I'll say my first time around modding my mustang I did it all wrong. I had a good running car, but I could have done it cheaper and gotten much faster. I see how it's done now, which is one reason my car has been down for years.

90mustangGT said:
I know what your saying MOB. Making a car fast, is not hard. Making a nice fast car is a lot harder. If you really put some money into it, maby you'll get a civic quick, but never really fast. I guess someone will dump huge amounts of money into them and one day get a really fast one, but it isn't practical. There are guys that have gotten stock engined foxbodies into the 12's in the 1/4, and when I mean stock is no modificaions at all to the motor. However, how many are doing it? Hardly any. I can make it sound real simple: Just do lots of weight reduction and some sticky tires and a good gear with the right driver. Add a 200shot of spray and easily be in the 11's if not faster. No engine swap nessasary!!! I'll say my first time around modding my mustang I did it all wrong. I had a good running car, but I could have done it cheaper and gotten much faster. I see how it's done now, which is one reason my car has been down for years.

I agree with you, Though I will say a civic in the 10's is FAST, hell is a civic in the 12's is fast. Its nothing compared to v8's potential, whitch is why I own one and not a 4 banger. I know what your saying, look at my car, I have a few mods and am at 13.5 and looking for 12's when I get the heads in, I know how easy it is to make our cars quick. I do give respect to the guys who spend the time to make other cars quick, its just respect though, I dont look at them hoping I could have their car, Ill always love the way my car looks and the v8 more then anything else. Except a terminator :D

I feel the same way Mob. I don't have a hatred for any other car, hell, I have a variety myself, however, it's the wanna-bees/posers/shadows I am talking about. Of all the "import" people you'll see, so very few actually know what they are doing or even really trying. Ever since those movies started comming out, "hopped up imports" have become the "in" thing. So they just try to pose as real tuners.

Back when I used to street race, our group consisted of all kinds of models and makes, however, we were all about racing, we avoided all the wanna'bees and posers. \

What's even worse, are those who talk about racing all the time, yet have never been to the track. I didn't even know what drag racing was until my uncle took me to a track.

Posers - those who don't care a bit about performance, but just want others to think they do for attention, so they make thier cars louder and flashier than nessasary.

Wanna-bees - Those who want to build performance, yet lack the knowlege, yet are close minded and thinking they know things they don't.

Shadows - Those really annoying ones who live thie lives through others. " My cousin's car is faster than yours, so you know nothing"

mob said:
:nice: got the impression if it wasent a mustang you didnt like it.

Well, I have a Camaro too you know. However, my mustang, I love it so much. I hate myself for tearing it down the way I did. Yeah, it will run again, but having not driven it in so long kills me. The Camaro is much more a performance car, but it just ain't the same.

mob said:
99.9% of all civics on all streets? or just on the street in your neighborhood. the cft civic is just one of the many 10 second daily driver civics out there. I hope you were just being sarcastic.

No I stated ALL atreets. So what if one out of 1,000 civics runs a 10. Although my car is not completed, 1 month its a show car, I will guarentee you I will be running 10's all day long. Therefore, it's a 10sec car vs 10sec car.

Cman88 said:
I am sure those would put up a much better fight... But nothing a little more boost won't solve.

Oh thats the answer to everything huh..how about becomming a better driver or not starting out w/ 4 less cylinders from the start. I think that would help alot more then anything.

You can drive an N/A 331, 347, 390 exc exc exc... at the track and have no issues at all as long as you have a proper built/tuned motor. Keep throwing boost at that civic and its just a ticking time bomb.

I still stick with the "Why throw $$$ at it?" phrase.

I mean there are some nice and "fast" (termed loosely) civics out there... but... they're civics. I would drive one as a daily driver sure, but I wouldn't throw good money after bad.

Especially since everyone and their brother mother and cousin has one with wheels and park benches.

Like I've said before, you can make anything "fast". People race lawn mowers but I wouldn't expect one to come up to me at a red light, throw the clutch/brake in, and start revving the throttle switch at me. :)

Redline_RR said:
Oh thats the answer to everything huh..how about becomming a better driver or not starting out w/ 4 less cylinders from the start. I think that would help alot more then anything.

You can drive an N/A 331, 347, 390 exc exc exc... at the track and have no issues at all as long as you have a proper built/tuned motor. Keep throwing boost at that civic and its just a ticking time bomb.

The stock bottom end is capable of handling approx 250hp. Thats more then enough to put a 2,200lbs chassis in the 12's with traction. Add some forged pistons and some Eagle rods and you have enough to hold over 400 to the wheels. It cost me about $500 for pistons/rods, the labor is free. The rest of the setup is already there. Since the car is currently only running 7psi and the 550cc injectors just showed up, then yes... For now, more boost is the answer. No, its not a ticking time bomb as you might think. If you know how to tune for a rats ass, you can make it VERY reliable. I drive it daily as the 5.0 consumes WAY too much gas these days to make it a DD. I have yet to have any issues with my "time bomb". Brains will win over money.