Look what I brought home!!! (pics)

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the kind words everyone...

I'm itching to put exhaust on it, but therein lies my dilemma. Exhaust on a 3v is such a crapshoot from what i've read from others on this board. The most consistantly praised systems are magnapack and borla stinger. I've heard the borlas are bad with drone until you change out the midpipe. So I may just get the mid pipe first which will buy me more time to decide on the axleback. Any input from others would be greatly appreciated.

Do yourself a favor, start from the motor back as far as exhaust is concerned, just changin the axlebacks doesnt really give you too much anyway (as most tests on them are done with headers and x-pipes already on the car and changing mufflers to exagerate the gains) and IMHO (and from doing 4 different exhaust setups on my 2010 Grabber GT) they DO need the mid-pipe or cat-less X to make the sound crisper and less droney. I But shorty BBK Equal lenght tuned headers, although I wish I had saved the $$$ for Long Tubes, these headers made a huge difference in cleaning up the sound from the stock restricted and un-equal length manifolds. With the headers and X-pipe the car is pretty loud, check out the video in my sig and you can hear it with only the bbk's and o/r X pipe, in the vids it's 100% stock other than that...if you need more sound I would STRONGLY suggest Magnaflows if you dont want the drone of doom.. I had MAC's and Flowmasters and took them both off and sold them on EBAY, the Magnaflows are clean and much less droney, and the Pypes mufflers alos have less drone, but they are loud... I have no experience with any other brand mufflers, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, ENJOY YOUR 2010 GT, I'M HAPPY YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL, AND WITH THE MONEY YOU SAVED COMPARED TO WHAT U WOULD PAY FOR A 2011 GT YOU CAN BUY A BLOWER...I DID...IF YOU ARE EVER INTERESTED I CAN GET YOU A VERY GOOD DISCOUNT ON BRAND NEW DIRECT FROM VORTECH BLOWER KITS...I LOVE MINE!!

Wow, I'll definitely take all that into consideration. And from another post--I've also heard some good things about jba--but that one gets a mix of opinions. I know, I know--opinions are like azzholes....

Undisputed, one day I may be able to take you up on your offer, greatly appreciated. Right now I'm just looking for some good sound. I know thats all the axleback is worth without new headers and midpipe. Did you have regular magnaflows or the magnapacks?

Do yourself a favor, start from the motor back as far as exhaust is concerned, just changin the axlebacks doesnt really give you too much anyway (as most tests on them are done with headers and x-pipes already on the car and changing mufflers to exagerate the gains) and IMHO (and from doing 4 different exhaust setups on my 2010 Grabber GT) they DO need the mid-pipe or cat-less X to make the sound crisper and less droney. I But shorty BBK Equal lenght tuned headers, although I wish I had saved the $$$ for Long Tubes, these headers made a huge difference in cleaning up the sound from the stock restricted and un-equal length manifolds. With the headers and X-pipe the car is pretty loud, check out the video in my sig and you can hear it with only the bbk's and o/r X pipe, in the vids it's 100% stock other than that...if you need more sound I would STRONGLY suggest Magnaflows if you dont want the drone of doom.. I had MAC's and Flowmasters and took them both off and sold them on EBAY, the Magnaflows are clean and much less droney, and the Pypes mufflers alos have less drone, but they are loud... I have no experience with any other brand mufflers, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, ENJOY YOUR 2010 GT, I'M HAPPY YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL, AND WITH THE MONEY YOU SAVED COMPARED TO WHAT U WOULD PAY FOR A 2011 GT YOU CAN BUY A BLOWER...I DID...IF YOU ARE EVER INTERESTED I CAN GET YOU A VERY GOOD DISCOUNT ON BRAND NEW DIRECT FROM VORTECH BLOWER KITS...I LOVE MINE!!

When I picked my car up it had a flowmaster axleback on it though I did not like the sound. I replaced it with a pypes violator axleback from americanmuslce and have been happy so far. The car isn't loud however I do still have the stock midpipe. Much less drone from this axleback compared to the flowmasters.