Looking at a 99 v6 mustang

slow2.3

Apr 15, 2004
Im looking into getting a 1999 v6 metalic blue mustang(manual trans of course). The guy wants 4,350.00 and it has only 39,000 miles. IF its in good condition is this a good deal?

Derek

• Sponsors (?)

blue stang

assuming it's in good condition, the blue book value with no factory extras is just over 5k. you can be sure the seller is fully aware of this. a good idea would be to have a mechanic go over it, and try to find out why he's willing to take $1,000 less. if he finds nothing, then go for it!!!!

If you do, your V-6 will have a lot more power than the 1994-1998 base engines did, so you will have a big head start if you decide to modify your car. I'm aboot to drop over two grand on my 1998 in parts and labor, and I still won't be at 190hp, which is stock power for the 99-04 cars.

RED98 said:
If you do, your V-6 will have a lot more power than the 1994-1998 base engines did, so you will have a big head start if you decide to modify your car. I'm aboot to drop over two grand on my 1998 in parts and labor, and I still won't be at 190hp, which is stock power for the 99-04 cars.
If you're spending more than two grand, and not getting 40hp, you're doing something very wrong.
You could buy a barely used 99+ V6 engine for less money.

Remember I'm paying for labor too. Parts are about $1100, for Flowmasters, headers, true dual H-pipe, and cold air intake. This will not add 40 hp. I could buy a '99 or up V6, but I have my car paid off, I have done a lot to it, I don't want to get rid of it. Besides I like the curvy style of the 94-98 Stang a little bit better than the new edge 99-04 styling. Labor costs drive up the price.. I don't have the knowledge, tools, patience or experience needed to install the parts myself, so I'm paying to have someone else do it for me. I figure these modifications I do will be a good starting foundation if I want to do more in the future.