Looking for a motorized license plate relocator that fits a 93 GT

Just got pulled over for not having my front license plate on. Don’t want to deal with getting tickets and harassed so I looking for a kit that is motorized and will fit a GT since I could only really find 1 that said it fits the LX version.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm interested int this too. I haven't gotten bothered by the police about it yet, but I'm not running a front plate.

Could the LX kit be made to fit the GT (I assume it prob can)
Post a link to what you've found so far

Buy whatever one you like and make your own brackets.
With that said, IMO this battle isn't worth the effort.
Besides, it's going to hang really low.

I'd actually like to see the LX one as this is something i'd like to do to my car.

I have a cool vanity plate, so i actually don't mind having a front plate on the car, but I wouldn't mind a flip and go type holder.

Big problem is when you maybe had a couple of beers and a CS cop pulls you over and then boom, you get the bracelets and off to jail....
Never give the system any CS reasons to pull you over...
Best idea is to move to a state with NO front plates....... OR when I did my Special interest stickers in Oregon, front plates were NOT required with antique or special interest tags.... 3 times I had CS cops do emergency U turns to get that " bad man with NO front plates" when I lived in Oregon... After they got behind me they apparently could see the special interest sticker..... LOL.... CS cops are Picked on High School dweebs who are looking for payback.....
Based on my car, I would have thought it was a no brainer of what I had for plates.....
DSCF0452.JPG

I would think that would actually work better on a GT than an LX.

The GT lower grill opening is wide open, while the LX has a few vertical support ribs that I can see that interfering with. Problem is the underside of that opening really isn't flat, so the bracket would likely sit at an angle.

almost feel that it would mount better on the bottom of the GT "lip" under the lower grill opening. Of course, if your car is lowered i can see that thing getting ripped off on the first driveway you enter.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
That's cool...The plate thing that is. No cop is pulling me over. If there is one thing that drives me crazy is cops searching a car. I don't do anything either, but I tell my daughter to say NO. Too many times as a kid in Mass. the cops would go through my car. Although back then I was drunk and high. Pouring out beers, and dumping bags of weed. Funny how they don't find that funny anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
That's cool...The plate thing that is. No cop is pulling me over. If there is one thing that drives me crazy is cops searching a car. I don't do anything either, but I tell my daughter to say NO. Too many times as a kid in Mass. the cops would go through my car. Although back then I was drunk and high. Pouring out beers, and dumping bags of weed. Funny how they don't find that funny anymore.
LOL.. Times were different... Poured out many cans of beer while the cops watched......

I'd actually like to see the LX one as this is something i'd like to do to my car.

I have a cool vanity plate, so i actually don't mind having a front plate on the car, but I wouldn't mind a flip and go type holder.
Plenty of pictures of them with it on google. As far a GT goes , I only see pictures with the front license plate in the normal spot or without it completely so I’m guessing there must be a reason for that