Looking for a motorized license plate relocator that fits a 93 GT

• Sponsors (?)

me... I always have attracted Johnny (Law). Y do sompin to deliberately :stick:
Saw a post or sig said:
"Cops are the dweebs picked on in school who wanna get pay-backs now."
I can see that truism in action. Thinkin if I had $ they might overlook me~
No, I said the CHICKEN SHEET cops were, Not all of them........

This does not address your desire of a motorized bracket, but is a true "no drill" plate bracket that is easy to take on and off. I have several of them (they have different depth lengths), that I use to get our annual state inspection....

Honestly guys, i think it's time to grow up for some of you.
It's a front plate, who cares, everyone in your state probably has one. If it's the law, it's the law.
If for some reason you need it off for a show, get a bracket that undermounts and simply unscrew it.
I got over it a long time ago. When i was younger i refused on my saleen explorer, i got stopped all the time. Difference is that i didn't blame the cops, i knew i was at fault.
Seems kinda ironic that you guys are tossing weed and alcohol out the windows, yet claim the cops are pointlessly harassing you.
I had my share trouble behind the wheel as a youth, but i'm honest about it, i'd say 95% of them in some way shape or form was my fault and when you are wrong that often, that number might was well be 100%.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Honestly guys, i think it's time to grow up for some of you.
It's a front plate, who cares, everyone in your state probably has one. If it's the law, it's the law.
If for some reason you need it off for a show, get a bracket that undermounts and simply unscrew it.
I got over it a long time ago. When i was younger i refused on my saleen explorer, i got stopped all the time. Difference is that i didn't blame the cops, i knew i was at fault.
Seems kinda ironic that you guys are tossing weed and alcohol out the windows, yet claim the cops are pointlessly harassing you.
I had my share trouble behind the wheel as a youth, but i'm honest about it, i'd say 95% of them in some way shape or form was my fault and when you are wrong that often, that number might was well be 100%.
1664979330196.png

I'm not in a state that requires a front plate (thankfully). If I end up in one tho, I won't be opening up the holes in the front bumper for a plate. I think I'd be looking for something that mounted from underneath or behind at that point.

I did see one option that makes use of the tow hook recpeticle on the front of the car. That would be ok too.

Reactions: 1 users
That's cool...The plate thing that is. No cop is pulling me over. If there is one thing that drives me crazy is cops searching a car. I don't do anything either, but I tell my daughter to say NO. Too many times as a kid in Mass. the cops would go through my car. Although back then I was drunk and high. Pouring out beers, and dumping bags of weed. Funny how they don't find that funny anymore.
Are you serious @Potomus Pete ? Cops searching for your car, pulling you over and going through it because your driving around drunk and high and they are the bad guys?

Reactions: 1 user
Gotcha. Maybe Im a little biased, my older brother spent almost 30 years in the Sheriffs dept here in Bernalillo County.

Reactions: 1 user
I have never had a plate on the front of any of my cars. I have never been pulled over for no front plate. I also carry a front plate in the pocket on the back of the drivers seat. It is beat up and looks like it has been run over. That way if I am ever pulled over, I have a plate that I can show the popo that "fell off" the front of the car and I have not yet had the chance to re-attach it.
If after 40 years of never being pulled over for no front plate, (living in 5 different States) I doubt that I will have to employ that tactic.
It may have something to do with not driving like an idiot, but WTF do I know...

I’ll chime in here too - I’ll go back to 1995 when I bought a brand new Trans Am. If you know that nose of the car…… the front plate don’t belong. I told the dealer if I come to pick it up and there’s holes drilled in the nose, I will not be signing the papers. No plate bracket when I got there :D
Only time I got hassled for the lack of a plate was one time in a DWI checkpoint - it was easy pickings for a citation even though I wasn’t drinking.