Looking for help to get my car running right in Michigan

braxx

May 23, 2005
Is there anyone out there in the Metro Detroit Michigan area that is willing to help me out? I have racked my brain with trying to get this car to idle. I've tried every way to adjust my idle that I've read on the internet. It will be perfect for a while and then bam 1100 rpm in park/ neutral and 900 in gear. Then back to normal, then high. Next, aside from the idle. The car runs crappy. My buddies bone stock Trail Blazer SS beats me by about 5-7 cars in the quarter mile (On the street) I have regular radial tires and I have a tough time spinning them from a stop. I have a Tweecer (base model) and I could use a hand dialing in the car. I have no idea of what I'm doing with the tweecer, I'm mechanically inclined. I can take apart or put together anything but when it comes to software / tuning, I need to physically see it being done in order to understand it.
Anyhow, in a nut shell I'm looking for some help. Depending on the level of help you can provide, I can compensate. Everything from soda, food, friendship, use of my tools, to me paying you cash for positive work.
I'm looking more for this to be a learning experience for myself. I'm located in Dearborn Heights, Michigan 48125. Email me if you can help. [email protected]
Here is my combo:
1995 Mustang GT 308, AODE, Edelbrock peformer 5.0 heads (10+:1 compression), Tubular GT40 intake, BBK70mm tb, crappy bbk CAI, 24 lb injectors, 75mm Pro-M maf, Steeda #19 cam, BBK equal length headers, BBK O/R h pipe, Crane HI6s ignition, Fluidyne rad, rear has 3.73 gears, plus more not engine related.
Thanks,
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

I have a complete spare motor, I'm gonna take either the whole TB with sensors off and swap or just the IAC.
I noticed that at idle (1100 rpm) with the throttle completely closed (snaped it open and let it shut) the TPS voltage was 1.05 volts. I backed the idle arm screw out until it wasn't even touching the arm and it was still a tad over 1.0Volts.
I loosened the bolts (I know it should be scews, it's not. There 5/16 headed bolts) holding the TPS and was able to really twist it and get it down to about 0.98-0.99 volts. Didn't really change anything.
Josh

Hey man, im in Ypsi. I havent worked much with the tweecer....im using the PMS in my car. Have u tried using tunes from other guys with the tweecer and similar combo?

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=401765

You'll be able to find plenty of guys who can help. I'll try to do what i can since im local, but like i said, the tweecer is not my area. You might want to make a post in the tuning section here.

I can't offer too much with the idle besides a tune, but you have the tweecer....what I can tell you for sure is the problem you can't barely spin your tires is that you need a good stall.....most peeps on here including me love the edge stall convertor...:D

I'll have to check and see what it flashes up to BUT it is a new trans and I replaced the converter with a new one that I was told had a 500rpm higher stall than stock. I bought the car with a rosted trans so I don't know what the original one stalled at. I think this one stalls to about 2500ish.
Josh
drakesdad said:
I can't offer too much with the idle besides a tune, but you have the tweecer....what I can tell you for sure is the problem you can't barely spin your tires is that you need a good stall.....most peeps on here including me love the edge stall convertor...:D

Josh, I installed a 2300 stall and I could floor it from a dead stand still and it would barely chirp the tires unless I power braked.........NOW since I have installed the Edge 9.5 3400 stall it is a whole new ball game.....talk to Paul and strolla.....Schwartzkopf.....(sorry if sp)....these guys will echo my belief that your stall is lacking..
Will

Just bringing this back up. I started checking out the car. It seems that it only stalls / flashes up to about 2000rpm. It looks like that is the problem. I wish I had the money for a 9.5" converter.

drakesdad said:
Josh, I installed a 2300 stall and I could floor it from a dead stand still and it would barely chirp the tires unless I power braked.........NOW since I have installed the Edge 9.5 3400 stall it is a whole new ball game.....talk to Paul and strolla.....Schwartzkopf.....(sorry if sp)....these guys will echo my belief that your stall is lacking..
Will