Looking for my father's '65 convertible, sold in 1978

Koda6966

Oct 23, 2010
I decided that it was time to find something to do on the internet that doesn't include facebook or gaming. Something constructive. I want to search for my Fathers mustang. It would be nice to see what came of it, if it was fixed up like the guy intended or if it's sitting in a backyard somewhere. The ideal situation would be sitting in a barn or backyard locally, in running condition or close to it. I honestly don't expect to find it, but you never know until you try.

This is all the information I have to start with. It is as accurate as 32 year old information can be.

He sold the truck in the spring of 1978 to a guy around his 40's who was from Michigan, but either had family in Deposit NY that he was staying with or he had a home there himself. It was a 1965 Mustang Convertible with a 200 Inline 6 and an automatic transmission. The color was a off-white with a white pony interior. The sale was for around $700 dollars.

My father had changed the rear quarters, and had a 67 200 inline engine put in it. He also included several spare parts and a brand new valance (or whatever the lower trim piece is that goes on the bumper is on old mustangs) that he picked up from a Ford dealer that went out of business. He said that the buyer had shopped around at the local dealer (Fred Barse) and he didn't find anything in his price range, and stopped at our house because he saw the mustang in the garage.

That's all that he can remember right now. Unfortunately he lost all of the paperwork that he had for it, so my search is starting with the basics. Like I said, I honestly don't expect to find it. There are probably hundreds of creme colored mustang convertibles, and my fathers could be crushed or painted pink by now.

Any help in the search will be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)