Looking for the Perfect 98Cobra

Wanted-98Cobra

Jun 18, 2004
LOL, as my profile explains. I am in the hunt for the perfect 98 for me. I am familiar with these cars and this year and model has always been my favorite.

Here's some of the features that my future care will need to have:

Exterior Color: Black, White or Yellow (No red)
Int Color: Black only
Miles: lower than 50K
Mods: None if possible, but minimal at most.
Area: Doesn't matter, will travel if needed.
Price: Under 20K (preferrably 12-15K range)

My question to anyone is this? What else should I consider or look into with this particular vehicle? Anything you would suggest when looking for one of these cars?

Let me know

Thanks
S

• Sponsors (?)

Can't seem to find anything close to me. Autotrader.com has quite a few but they seemed to be proced a little high in most cases.

Yahoos search couldn't find anything within the closest 6 states of me. Booo!

Thanks again though.
S

www.autotrader.com is a great resource for ya. I frequented it almost daily while I was looking for my 99. One thing to keep in mind is that for a 98 with 50K miles on it, 15 grand would be waay too much to pay. Be sure to check out www.kbb.com and lookup both private party, and retail values.

Don't let some dork try to sell you his car at retail value if he isnt a retailer. Ask him for his auto buisness liscence if he gives ya too much flak.

No liscence = no retail sales, hehe. Good luck to ya man!

Snarf said:
www.autotrader.com is a great resource for ya. I frequented it almost daily while I was looking for my 99. One thing to keep in mind is that for a 98 with 50K miles on it, 15 grand would be waay too much to pay. Be sure to check out www.kbb.com and lookup both private party, and retail values.

Don't let some dork try to sell you his car at retail value if he isnt a retailer. Ask him for his auto buisness liscence if he gives ya too much flak.

No liscence = no retail sales, hehe. Good luck to ya man!

Thanks for the advice. I sold cars for a little while in the late 90's. I know how that whole system works. I am being very picky with my choices and I am well aware what the 98's are worth... this one I'm really digging deep to find the 98 that I want. It's cool cause my wife is very supportive about the whole thing.

Thanks again for the advice.

Scott