Looking for track recommendations near Chicago…

2000GT

Founding Member
Nov 30, 1999
It’s been a while since I have hit the track and I am looking to sell my car at the end of the summer. However, I wanted to make a few track runs with all of my mods. before I sell my car. I’ve added a bunch of mods. since my last track runs. My best ET is 13.89 @ 101 mph with K&N filter, pullies, and Borla cat-back. I am looking for 13.5’s now with my set-up. My car has dynoed at 250 rwhp/292 rwtq. at the peaks. I also have 4.10’s and Nitto DR’s now.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good track for me to hit? I am simply looking for a test & tune day, but it’s been a while since I have been to any track. I have been to Greatlakes Dragaway up in WI as well as US 41 in Morroco, IN. I have heard a lot about Bryon, but never attempted to race there. I hear Route 66 is always too crowded.

My problem is finding time to race. I have don’t have a lot free time to hit the track these days (new father) so I don’t want to drive an hour each way only to find long lines and crappy track conditions.

Which track would you recommend and when is the best time to go? I live in the Western Suburbs of Chicago.

• Sponsors (?)

On Saturday and Sundays even with 50-100 cars there which is normal you can still hotlap.... track is decently prepped not the best but by far better than GLD....it's just a bit of a drive compared to 66. 66 is awesome it's just not worth paying the extra 10 bucks for 3-4 hours and only getting in 2-3 runs at best whereas byron pay your 25 or 20 bucks be there for 4 hours and get in 12-15 runs.

Perfect, that's the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks to everyone. If anyone wants to set a date and put a group together, let me know. It would be more fun if we could have a group of us out there together.

By the way, I love the way the Nitto DR's hook on the street. I am looking forward to trying them at the track. Seems like as long as it's above 70 degrees and the sun is beating down on the pavement, the tires get sticky. They are a 100 times better than my Kumho 712's.

My plans changed for tomorrow and I now have some time to go. I am going to head to Byron in the morning so I can be there right when they open at 10 am. I plan on leaving Glen Ellyn at 8:45. Let me know if you can make it.