Looking to buy a Fox

Rougestang

Jun 12, 2007
florida
Hey guys and gals,

I'm normally in the 4.6 threads,but i'm looking to buy a Fox. I was hoping to get some input on what you all thought if I should go with this one car or not. I've got a maximum if $2500.00 I want to spend on it. Here is the ad:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/2765901521.html

So I go to look at the car today, and it ran great. Of course there are a few issues with it as follows:

-Needs the cooling fan put back on (I guess a friend of his put an electrical one on but is didn't run right. He has both the mechanical and electrical one).

-The car has to be started by the solenoid, the key primes the fuel pump and the a/c.
the speedo, coolant, and fuel gauges don't work.

-passenger belt doesn't have the male connector, and the female connector isn't on the passenger seat.

-The tranny is a rebuilt T-5 from a 4 cylinder Mustang. He has a world class T-5 (i believe) in pieces that he says just needs to be rebuilt to work. has an exhaust leak on the drvers side header where it meets the mid pipe. The stud on the header is stripped.

-needs a new hood

-needs new spark plug wires (just one wire is back firing)

-one tire is dry rotted, and it needs a 5 star pony rim to match the other 3 rims

-no stereo or speakers

-missing the drivers side interior door panel

-no a/c or heat

-outside handle on the passenger side doesn't work (he said it just came apart on the inside and needs to be put back together)

- drivers side rear quarter window is out. He has the glass and the trim, just needs to be put on.

Now with all that being said, it runs good, no leaks, shifts great, sounds awesome. Clean title and good suspension. Dash is cracked big time, seats in good shape, and paint is non existent. I'm looking for a car I can make a fun toy to drive. I'll probably make it matte black, and keep the interior to a minimum for weight. I'm not super worried about the cosmetic stuff, but would like it to function like a normal car ( IE gauges work, electrical issues fixed, new tire and rim). with that being said, I feel like $1800.00 is a good offer (which he said he would do) given the condition of everything; my question is how much do you think it would cost to fix her up? is it worth the effort? I have a mechanic friend that would be doing the work mostly, but I am very mechanically incline, just not alot of spare time to do it myself.

Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it!

• Sponsors (?)

4 eye parts are far more difficult to source than 87-93's.
Price a door panel and dash along with the dash gauges. Some of those hard to find 4 eye parts are made of unobtanium.

That should figure highly your decision in my opinion.