Looking to buy a GT with S/C..help!

I am looking to buy this car, here is the ad (questions after ad):

I recently picked up a 99Gt with 58k miles and I might be selling it or interested in trades of some sort. Here are the specs on the car. It is an awesome car and runs better than new. The car is White with gray leather, Bullitt Wheels with almost new Nitto 555 Tires. Automatic with good tranny cooler. Will listen to trade offers and cash offers. I would be very interested in a nice fox car and some cash, but let me know what ya have.

Exhaust......
MAC Off-Road ProChamber
Flowmaster catback

Induction.....
Vortech S-Trim Kit
Steeda Boost pipe
FRPP 70MM TB

Fuel System.....
Steeda Dual Pumps
30lb injectors

Suspension......
Bullitt Springs all around (Ford Racing "C" Springs)
Tokico Struts up front
Strange 10 Way adjustable shocks out back
X2C Boxed upper and lower control arms
FRPP 4:10 Gear

Misc....
Autometer Phantom Bost Gauge
Autometer Phnatom Trans Temp Gauge
White face Gauges
Silver Rear Bumper Inserts.
Steeda Cowl Hood
Bullitt Wheels

The car was Tuned by Tim barth at ModularPowerhouse. He is known as one of the best tuners in the South for sure. The car made 355rwhp through the Automatic. It drives better than stock. It will make an awesome car for someone. It was lady owned since new. Asking price is $12,200.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I've asked a few questions on other boards and most say it seems safe. They say it was tuned by a good guy and the engine should handle 350rwhp fine.

But I get alot of "opinons" that the tranny may not handle the power and others say it will, etc. I am also not sure on the past history, one person said that 30lb. injectors were enough for way more power and that it may have had alot more than 6-8psi running it. Then some say that 30#s are fine and that 24#s would be about maxed out at 350rwhp.

SO DOES ANYONE HAVE FACTS ON A STOCK GT CAR RUNNING A S/C? or an automatic holding 350rhp? This will be my DD.

• Sponsors (?)

BigNutt said:
The car was Tuned by Tim barth at ModularPowerhouse. He is known as one of the best tuners in the South for sure. The car made 355rwhp through the Automatic. It drives better than stock. It will make an awesome car for someone. It was lady owned since new. Asking price is $12,200.

First of all, Tim at T&J's is known so well for a reason, he's really good.
Second....the owned by a lady thing.... :rlaugh: means nothing....NOTHING. Trust me, I beat the **** out of my car and i'm not a male.

The car seems to have all the appropriate parts to be pushing that amount of HP
How many miles on the motor?

He PM'd me and answered a few of my questions. I'm posting this to see what you guys think:

Returnless cars need more fuel because they do not have a return line.The car is making around 8psi. It has the stock pulley on it from Vortech. I am getting married and we have ran into ALOT more cost for the wedding than we have figured. I really hate to get rid of it. I did not buy the car from PA, dont know where that came from. The car runs better than it did new. The tuner is one of the best in the country. The dual pumps are a very common upgrade over just an extra in tank pump. The Vortech kit comes with the 30 lb injectors and thats whats recommended. With more boost you would prolly want to step up to 42's or more. The supercharger was put on by the lady I bought it from and has been on for a year or so with no problems at all. The 355rwhp is not very agressive and VERY safe. A/F was 11:1 and thats very good on a blower car. My Fiance' is mad for me selling it as she has been driving it everyday and she loves it...lol. If it were not for the wedding I would never be selling it. The best way to describe it is just for you to see and drive it in person.

SonicBlueBabe said:
Second....the owned by a lady thing.... :rlaugh: means nothing....NOTHING. Trust me, I beat the **** out of my car and i'm not a male.

I know, lol. Car has 58k miles and the S/C been on about 1 year or so.

355RWHP is not too bad. If you dont beat on it, it should last a while. IMO you shoudl buy it, your gonna want one in about a year anyways if you buy a stock GT LOL. And its already tuned by Tim, and yes IMO he is the best. It should last a while but be ready to buy a forged short block somewhere down the road.

SonicBlueBabe said:

Shh, we all know girls can't drive.

hotmustang331 said:
355RWHP is not too bad. If you dont beat on it, it should last a while. IMO you shoudl buy it, your gonna want one in about a year anyways if you buy a stock GT LOL. And its already tuned by Tim, and yes IMO he is the best. It should last a while but be ready to buy a forged short block somewhere down the road.

Thats the problem, I would have the money to buy a built $5k engine for 2 years. I'd baby the car, but you never know.

I would imagine if the blower was tuned by Tim, the trans would have had the shift points electronically firmed up with the tune and a transmission cooler added to the mix as well. A 4R70W with just that will take more abuse than the comparable T45 of the same year, so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, keep in mind that 350rwhp running through an auto is equivalent to about 365-370rwhp running through a 5-speed.

I think assuming it drives and runs well, that you can’t go wrong using this as a DD.

Gearbanger 101 said:
I would imagine if the blower was tuned by Tim, the trans would have had the shift points electronically firmed up with the tune and a transmission cooler added to the mix as well. A 4R70W with just that will take more abuse than the comparable T45 of the same year, so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, keep in mind that 350rwhp running through an auto is equivalent to about 365-370rwhp running through a 5-speed.

I think assuming it drives and runs well, that you can’t go wrong using this as a DD.

Thanks, I have e-maild Tim and I hope he will let me know his feelings on the car.

Also once you have a tune is there a way to lose it or it to get screwed up? (Saying if I don' screw with anything) Just wondering if I should go visit Tim sometime in the future.