lots of exhaust questions-help please

monk_byrd14

Apr 13, 2004
First off let me saw that I have and 89 coupe 4cyl 5 speed and an 89 gt five speed which will be used as a donor car for the coupe.

Second I need to purchase a full exhaust for the gt so that I can get it tuned up before the motor swap(it has straight pipes)not really good to have when the car has no tag or insurance. Anyway I want to get bbk long tube headers an x pipe and magnaflow mufflers. Is it ok to mix different brands? Will they leak? Also I don't want to purchase the magnaflow catback system, just the mufflers(a little expensive). What type of offset will i need for the mufflers? I want to connect the to mac lx tails once the motor swap is done.

Also, could someone explain the different magnaflow muffler types to me, like the loudness of different one.

Many thanks in advance,

monk

• Sponsors (?)

Offset is offset on a muffler, there is no varrying amount - use the stock setup which is correct me if i'm wrong, offset inlet and center outlet. Longtubes sometimes have a habit of being a pain to install and the fit can sometimes be likewise. That and i've heard of problems with O2 sensor install. One thing to keep in mind is that manufacturers almost always design things with a stock application in mind so they directly bolt up/drop in - with that said if you have every manufacturer doing this then that pretty much means that they should all fit. If you have leaks, auto stores sell an exhaust leak sealer. Couldn't tell you about the magnaflows - i'm a flowmaster junkie and love the sound too much to venture to another brand :flag: