Lower Intake Hoses To Heater Core Help

Dec 5, 2006
I just finished up a heater core install and before i had my lines byPassed, i can't remember how they hook up to the heater core , what side does the water pump hose going to the core go on, Passengers side or drivers side? and help or diagrams would be appreciated .

• Sponsors (?)

I just finished up a heater core install and before i had my lines byPassed, i can't remember how they hook up to the heater core , what side does the water pump hose going to the core go on, Passengers side or drivers side? and help or diagrams would be appreciated .
i'll go out and look but it really does not matter which hose goes where on a heater core.

the outlet that is to the left of the thermostat housing on the water pump hooks up right next to the thermostat housing with a short hose. the one just to the left and lower hooks up to the rail that extends back toward the heater core. that line hooks to the passenger side of the heater core.

On the Block: The thicker pipe that sits at the bottom nearest the intake, goes to the drivers side pipe on the Heater Core, which should also be larger dia pipe - at least on OEM Core.

My OEM 86 has two different thickness hoses to the core, that match the different dia pipes on the core and the block. But if you buy the replacements, they can be the same size dia.