Engine Lower intake manifold install (I didn't use RTV around the water jackets)

Swhitney

Feb 11, 2019
Oregon City
After getting the lower intake manifold all installed, I went back and watched a how to video. I noticed they used a small amount of RTV on the face of the gasket around the water jacket, and another video they did not. Am I going to have a leaky gasket now because I didn't add RTV around the face of the water jacket?

> Edelbrock performer RPM 2 intake
> Edelbrock Victor Jr. aluminum heads

Thank you,
Sean

• Sponsors(?)

HemiRick

I'd be looking at jacking under the house
Jun 28, 2020
Memphis TN
never know till you fire it up.....the RTV is just insurance, the gasket by itself installed properly should work.

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
What brand and type of gaskets did you use? I recently watched a Fel Pro gasket video where they explicity say NOT to use ANY sealants on their gaskets?

markinms

Mar 1, 2018
Columbus MS
I have never used sealant on intake gaskets except a small dab to hold them in place. No issues to date. You should be fine.

Swhitney

Feb 11, 2019
Oregon City
I have never used sealant on intake gaskets except a small dab to hold them in place. No issues to date. You should be fine.
Thank you for helping me ease my worries mind. I purchased a new set of gasket’s just in case, but will only take it back apart if something leaks.