Lowering Springs...Do I need anything else to go with them

jwhiteuwc79

Mar 15, 2004
Hello,

I was thinking of purchasing H&R Super Sport lowering springs and have them installed by a local shop. Do I need to purchase anything else with these springs? Will my current shocks handle the drop?

Thanks all..

• Sponsors (?)

Ya The current shocks shoulf be fine unless that are well used ??
If you have the money I would do the shcoks too. I have the H&R's adn Love them I even have the stock shocks and No C.C. Plates cus they just didb't need them.
I on the other hand only have 10k so my stock shocks are More then fine..
I'll Post some before and Afters !

Thanks for the reply. I have about 40k on my 2000 Mustang's shocks. So, I'll just wear those baby's out and then replace them when needed.

I'll be awaiting the picture. I"m curious to see the Before and after.

Where did you order your springs from?

You should be OK with the stock shocks and struts, but we all know its a good idea to replace them when you do springs. the only bad thing is that they are so damn expensive :nonono: Check out www.kmodifiedracing.com, they give stangnet members a special discount and the H&R supersports only come out to $209+S&H. I dont think I have ever seen them that cheap anywhere else. I'm actually heading over there now to drop off my car for the supercharger. GOTTA LOVE IT!! :nice:

here's those pic's I said I'd post
attachment.php
BEFORE
attachment.php
AFTER

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,391
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,292
Awesome Car man... LOVE THE DROP.

Did you do the install or have a shop do it?

If a shop did it, what was the estimate? Trying to get a $ value on this install.

Thought about going with 4:10's while it's in the shop too :)

I have the H&R SS and went would reccomend some Hi-Perf. Shocks/Struts and C/C plates to go with that combo. IMHO if your gonan do something do it right not half a$$. Spend the cash, and enjoy the ride to it's fullest capacity.

CottonBurnerz said:
So you don't need C/C plates for H&R or Eibach pro-kit? I'm getting either one of these and tokicos shocks/struts.... and I'm hoping that I don't have to buy a C/C plates.. will the stock ones wear out if I don't get it?

It's not so much a matter of the stock ones wearing out as much of the fact you will not be able to properly alighn your front end. Ihave the Y2K eibach springs on my car and I do not have CC plates....I am unable to properly align the front end with out aftermarket CC plates

jwhiteuwc79 said:
Awesome Car man... LOVE THE DROP.

Did you do the install or have a shop do it?

If a shop did it, what was the estimate? Trying to get a $ value on this install.

Thought about going with 4:10's while it's in the shop too :)

I did the Install and Then The Shop did the Alinement and The Steeda C.C. plates were just not needed!
It was easyer then I thought Maybe 3-4hrs in the garage with 4 jack stands and a floor jack! :nice:

OH Ya "You went with the H&R Super Sport springs right?"
YEP these are the H&R Super Sports

CottonBurnerz said:
So you don't need C/C plates for H&R or Eibach pro-kit? I'm getting either one of these and tokicos shocks/struts.... and I'm hoping that I don't have to buy a C/C plates.. will the stock ones wear out if I don't get it?
You definitely don't need cc plates for Pro Kit. My alignment is right dead center of the spec (not even close to being out of spec).

Tokicos are a good choice. Get Illuminas if you can -- you can find them for $450 shipped on eBay.

You will need a lower pinion snubber if it does not come with springs ($10 from MM), and poly offset steering-rack bushings ($20 from stangsuspension.com).

I replaced my springs myself with bbk and it was one of the easiest installs, thats if you have the right tools. The rear springs were the easist and the fronts werent too hard. about 3-4 hours, I replaced the struts just because I was there, I replaced them with stock but should have put in some drag lakewoods. I also put in pro3i cc plates, you have to get after market cc plates or you cant get a proper alignment, there is not enough adjustment with stock. and after all that get a professional alignment to go along with it, a few places wouldnt even align it without aftermarket cc plates. this was all right under $500 dollars but is all necessary to do it right.

MineralG2k2GT said:
It's not so much a matter of the stock ones wearing out as much of the fact you will not be able to properly alighn your front end. Ihave the Y2K eibach springs on my car and I do not have CC plates....I am unable to properly align the front end with out aftermarket CC plates
I strongly agree I had a Eibach Pro Kit on my 91 LX 5.0 and the suspension
shop I went to that did my 5.0 told me that they couldn't get the proper
alignment and said that you would have to get aftermaket C.C. plates.So,I
ordered Steeda C.C. plates and he said the alignment came out perfect.So,
I simply had no chance of uneven tire wear.H/R's or Eibach's are both quality
and trusted names so, you can't go wrong with either springs.jwhiteuwc I
would subjest getting Tokicos or Koni struts and shocks because the stock
struts and shocks WILL wear out quick!My suspension shop I go to told me that anything over a 1.5 inch drop should have C.C. plates so,it can get aligned properly and so,you don't get quick wear on your struts,stocks,andtires. I highly recommed Steeda or Maximum Motorsport C.C. plates with a good alignment from a trusted shop!The best of luck to you I hope your drop turns
out awesome! :nice: