Lowering your mustang on a budget - with new parts!

you bashed my thread and pretty much everything i said. with that, im going to defend what i stated. the last post i made was just a hit back at you, thinking you could take it well.

im not arguing with physics. and you are not "trying to help out" . you giving a my way or the highway speech. hanky doesn't know all, so why act like it?

the input is appreciated, its a forum. but like stated above, try and have a little tact about it. last time i checked, you never rode in my 95. so i think its fair to say, you have no clue what it rode like, how it handled, or was able to have any knowledge or first hand sight to see what parts were NOT worn out, etc. same thing with my 2000.

as stated several times, its not a track car. there is no need to spend a ton of money on suspension components that are not needed. think about how many people lower their mustang every day doing the same setup i did. you honestly think all those people wear out their suspension, shocks, struts, etc in a years time - no.

the parts i have listed DO WORK CORRECTLY. i never said they were ideal. take the thread for what it is and comment all you want but have a little class when you do it.

Yeah, what he said!

Seriously though man, there is nothing wrong with what you did. I have learned with my car that sometimes buying the best of the best doesnt always get you what you wanted. Sure your suspension setup isnt going to make your car corner like a lambo, but it is lower than stock by a long shot, and will ride comfortably on normal streets when youre out rollin around.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm assuming that's back at me. Sorry I believe in "do it once do it right".

Accepting mediocraty is one thing. Arguing physics is another. I guess making the suggestion of another spring is just a dick move....just trying to help out others who are going down the same path. I mean really its crazy they sell all these parts for no reason right?

The parts list is nice on a budget but it should list a spring that WORKS CORRECTLY with what's listed.

Perhaps oneday.......

Umm genius, if I may call you genius obviously because of your advanced knowledge of mustang suspension crap nobody cares about and your degree in physics :bs:, the entire point and title of the thread was lower your mustang on a budget. It did not say lower your mustang get maximum performance and handle like a Formula 1 car. Yes the sportline spring doesn't do the best for actual suspension performance but if your looking for the best stance of your car they have to be one of the best and most widely used springs ever. And I don't see to many cars loosing it in the turns on the street because of a set of sportlines. I mean you make it sound like any car with this set up is crap. Well my car runs this set up handles great on the curves no complaints what so ever. So next time do us all a favor and read the title of the thread assess the point of the thread before you post.

I explained why I thought the spring choice was poor for the budget.

I welcomed the idea of a budget drop.

I suggested using a different spring that would cost the same amount of $ and perform better....which to me sounds like the exact point of a thread like this.

...I apologize for my phrasing in that it was taken in an offensive tone; but I'm not going back on my words. Drive a few setups back to back if you've ever the oppurtunity. Might change your mind and get you to start liking the corners a little more when it doesnt push the nose and roll over the whole way through one.

I explained why I thought the spring choice was poor for the budget.

I welcomed the idea of a budget drop.

I suggested using a different spring that would cost the same amount of $ and perform better....which to me sounds like the exact point of a thread like this.

...I apologize for my phrasing in that it was taken in an offensive tone; but I'm not going back on my words. Drive a few setups back to back if you've ever the oppurtunity. Might change your mind and get you to start liking the corners a little more when it doesnt push the nose and roll over the whole way through one.

I will respond to that with I have no problem with conflicting opinions posting and showing both sides. But the point of a forum is to help other ppl with problems and to help educate them not to bash threads. My issue was the offensive way you approached it and I'm sure fiveoho will appreciate the apology. And NO the point of the thread was to show good deals on the essential components needed to lower a sn-95 and new edge car. And the facts on the springs are this one will give you the most aggressive stance you can get without doing a full suspension build up and the other will give you the performance but not as much of an aggressive look. The truth is that the best spring for the job is what the driver intends on doing, if you intend on cruising around and a little red light to red light horseplay the sportline will handle it with ease. Lastly I will suggest to you that you don't approach members threads that have over a 1000 posts and are offical members this way in the future. If your going to be douche buy a Vette so you can be identified easier!:nice:

Hey fiveoho....just purchased 95 GT and would love a parts list and #'s!! First ignition upgrade,then rear end and then suspension and wheels...thats my order of which i will do mods. New to the Mustang hobbie and i am kickin mself for not doing this at a younger age!!!Thanx

Hey fiveoho....just purchased 95 GT and would love a parts list and #'s!! First ignition upgrade,then rear end and then suspension and wheels...thats my order of which i will do mods. New to the Mustang hobbie and i am kickin mself for not doing this at a younger age!!!Thanx

welcome to the forums :welcome:

*eibach sportline springs (auto-sports-parts-ebay) : p/n 4.1035

*upr steel 'shark' cc plates (billetdepot-ebay) : p/n 2014-94-02

*gabriel guardian shocks/struts (autozone) :

*energy suspension front/rear isolators (summit) :
p/n 4-6102G black (front upper & lower)
p/n 4-6101G black (rear upper & lower)

cant recall the manufacturer p/n on the shocks/struts. i have the boxes at home. ill get them for you hopefully tonight. came from auto zone, stock replacement gabriel guardian shocks/struts for a 2000 GT. I believe its the same p/n from 94-04 but i would double check to be sure.

hope this helps :)

rear tires came in today. one step closer :)

0113001718.jpg

sorry, but this is the best i can do at the moment. my uneven driveway doesnt give the best representation but you get the idea. snapped the pics while the car is still wet. sun was setting fast, had to hurry

PC300189.jpg

PC300188.jpg