LRS AKA 50 Resto

First off, let me say I've dealt with the company numerous times and never had a bad encounter with them. That said, don't ever order ANYTHING on back order with this company. Over 2 weeks ago I ordered numerous brake parts, including a 93 Cobra MC, Banjo bolt washers (8), and the Prop valve plug. I got the package, minue these 3 things about a week and a half ago. I call them last Friday, and was told all 3 things would be shipped out last Monday. I come home today, and nothing. I call them again, only to be told the plug is on huge backorder, and the other parts are in stock ready to ship. WTF?!? Why wasn't it shipped on Monday when I CLEARLY told the guy I needed it for an upcoming deadline? Not only did they completely ignore me, but they charged me for shipping TWICE, when it was their fumble. On top of that the redneck on the phone today told me it was my fault and couldn't answer me when I asked why it hadn't be shipped. I was never contacted and told the things were in stock, notified about anything, NOTHING.

In short, if the parts are in stock, order them, they are a decent company in that respect. Any other circumstances don't bother, you'll just run into headaches. End rant. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I've order several things from them and the only issue I had was with a backorder with an o/r x pipe by Mac. They sent what I order with the x, but the mac that was supposed to be in stock went into a backorder. They stated it was a problem with mac, so they ended up giving me a $70 discount. And I still continue to order with them. That's nothing compared to the nitemares I've had with other companys.

I have had nothing but good luck with them as well. I only order from them, when I bought my hood and carpet from them they were on backorder but since I went to the store on the original purchase they sent them to me with no shipping charges at all. Speak to Adam about the double charge, he will refund it, no problem. They are the largest of the Mustang suppliers and have great customer service IMO

For in stock stuff, I agree, they are good (I think I mentioned that). But it's the total debacle of how they dealt with a back ordered part for me. When I ordered it, it said In Stock. When I got the stuff those 3 things were missing. I called, they said it cam in and it would ship that following Monday (called on a Friday). The FOLLOWING Friday (today), I call and they say they had no Idea and the stuff was back in stock and ready to ship, at MY expense (They said when things are back ordered you get it directly from the manufacturing and aren't charged with shipping). Not only that, but its taking me 3+ weeks to get what I need, and I'm on a deadline. I would order from them again, but NEVER on back ordered stuff.

+1 that they're a fairly respectable company, but i also had issues with a back ordered part (ebrake handle). i ordered $700-800 worth of stuff at once, so i could save on shipping. i get everything except the handle within maybe 12 days. they say most backordered parts arrive in 2-3 days. well 3 weeks later without hearing a thing from them i decide to call them and see where it was. they said it was still on backorder. so i'm like whatever.... its a $30 piece.... well about 2 months after that, i get charged like $58 from 50resto on my credit card, so i'm like WTF! then UPS shows up and i owe them another $22 for shipping and duties etc... I was so pissed! because they didnt have a part, i have to pay $80+ for a ebrake handle that was only $30? :mad:

I've purchased a couple of thousand dollars worth of stuff from them over the last few years and had never had a problem with them until this last summer when I had a MAJOR customer service issue when using a gift certificate I won at a car show. When I brought the problem to their attention, I received several calls directly from Shannon Guderian, the owner of the company, who was able to completely and totally rectify the problem. I am still a loyal customer of 5.0Resto because of the way he handled it.

I have ordered 10's and 10's of products from them:)

The only thing I had backordered was a harmonic balancer. It came the next week.

Some of their prices are a little high, but I have never had an issue with their shipments personally.

When it comes to ordering anything today it is a crap shoot, every company on the planet has it's share of angry customers. But typically speaking, 50Resto is one of the lesser of thousands of evils.

Ordering ANY back ordered item from ANYBODY is going to result in an angry customer. The company you order from has no power to make things better for you, except refund your money and tell you to have a nice day. So to be honest, if you ordered something for a project in which you had a deadline, you should have found an alternative product or accepted the fact that you were not going to make said deadline.

From my experiences, I found that companies you want to avoid are those who started up as internet based outlets. Many of those companies are simply a guy(s) who decided they wanted to start selling stuff to make money, and the internet allowed those people to open a "store" with almost no out-of-pocket expense. Not to mention that they are obviously all pretty new to the game.

The companies that typically are solid are those who started out as catalog sellers. They have been in business much longer and they are more legit companies as opposed to "two guys in a garage" type of businesses.

50Resto is, for the most part, one of the better companies to order from. I find that many of their items are garbage (weather strips, carpet, trim peices, ect)...but their customer service is solid, their prices are great, and you will typically get your items pretty quickly.

I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of crap from those guys with NO problem, until I wanted to do my big break kit I'm talkin about almost 2 months waiting for my 10th anniversary cobra calipers and hardware. I tried the I have a deadline thing too but, they don't give a rats ass. Besides all the brake parts erything else has always been shipped on time.