Lurker says hello

Nick85

Banned
May 28, 2005
05 Mustang GT...what's the scoop?

Right...been lurking here for a year now...ever since Mustang started building the real deal again.

I'm planning on buying an 05 GT...anyone know what the wait is on these babies..I heard 6 months and that's fine with me but are dealers taking orders or do I have to wait until they hit the lots again?

• Sponsors (?)

Nick85 said:
Right...been lurking here for a year now...ever since Mustang started building the real deal again.

I'm planning on buying an 05 GT...anyone know what the wait is on these babies..I heard 6 months and that's fine with me but are dealers taking orders or do I have to wait until they hit the lots again?

Hello, lurker! Glad you came out of lurk mode! The wait varies. You can always order one. No telling on the wait...usually averages 3 months, from what I've gathered. But there are some that have waited well past that. I'd say order one and start checking dealer inventory and be prepared to pay MSRP. Good luck!

Alright Jade,
I just got an email back from a Ford dealership here in Washington D.C...he told me production for 05 has stopped and that Ford is not taking anymore orders...He said I might be able to order in 4-6 months for 06. This sucks

:bang:

Nick85 said:
Alright Jade,
I just got an email back from a Ford dealership here in Washington D.C...he told me production for 05 has stopped and that Ford is not taking anymore orders...He said I might be able to order in 4-6 months for 06. This sucks

:( I'm sorry! I would put my feelers out EVERYWHERE. Don't stop with one dealer. Okay, so even if production on the '05 has stopped...why the heck can't you order a '06?? That doesn't make sense...surely someone on this board has better information?? Okay...people, how about some help, here?

Hi Nick85-

4 tp 6 months for an 06? Ouch! I will have waited just over five months for my 05 - when I get it, that is...

There is always the used market if you are insistent on an 05. But even used most 05 GTs seem to be seeling for over MSRP of a new one. :(

I placed my order for an 06 last week. Try another dealer. I'm really surpised the dealer wouldn't be willing to put an order in for you. No way he doesn't know he can. wierd.

Nick85 said:
Alright Jade,

Production of the '05 Mustang has NOT stopped. The 05 be built until August 5th. The '06 Mustang will start production on August 9.

What has happened is that ALL the 05 Mustang GTs that will be built from now unitl Aug 9 have orderes already placed for them. Some of those orders are stocking orders so you may be able to find one on a dealer lot, but you can no longer special order an 05 GT.

As GTjade said, dealers are now be able to place orders for 06 Mustangs. Sounds like your dealer is either mis-informed or is yanking you around.

Well he's not yanking me around because he doesn't have a deal, but yah he is definitely misinformed. I just spoke to a dealer on the phone...he's got about 15 GT's heading to his lot in the next two weeks...some of them are not ordered...so he could either sell one of those...OR he said he could still order me one and have it in here in about 8 weeks. Apparently some dealerships are still allocated orders until mid-June...he is one of them. Yah baby!

If I get this car i'm set...the Stones are touring Live on Stage this year and i'll drive this ****er state to state...just finished up a crazy ass 4 year tour with the 82nd Airborne so this would definitely be a good welcome home :cheers: