• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

LX Tail pipe question....

  • Thread starter Thread starter SVT32VDOHC
  • Start date Start date Mar 15, 2008
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Mar 15, 2008
#1
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #1
LX Tail pipe question....Problem solved!!!!

How far does your tail pipes stick out past the LX rear bumper. If you guys can meassure, or BETTER YET....take a picture for me. Just stand above the rear looking down and snap a shot.

I have a MAC cat-back from a 2001 on Project 81 Hack Job, and I think I might need to trim off some tail, but I'm not sure how much is right. I want it past the bumper so most of the fumes will be behind the car instead of under it.

Thank you guys!!!!!!!

See my last post for pics.....Updated at 3:42pm
 

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
0
1
38
columbus ohio
Mar 15, 2008
#2
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #2
here is how they are 100% factory



then a video...one tail pipe sticked out and one was kinda tucked under

 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Mar 15, 2008
#3
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #3
Thanks Ryan, anybody else have any?
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Mar 15, 2008
#4
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #4
With your car I would just cut them as you like them. Theres nothing stock about it.
 

Strippt88

New Member
Nov 24, 2006
81
0
0
Cedar Lake, Indiana
Mar 15, 2008
#5
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #5
Sorry, I don't have a pic, but the original stainless systems on the 3 new ones I owned were all different, but never came out more than 1 inch. I wouldn't know how to post a pic, even if I had the proper camera for it- I hafta get into this century! I suck.
 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Mar 15, 2008
#6
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #6
Very true, sometimes I don't know why I ask such simple questions...

Prolly because my 91 doesn't have tails, and I just want it as close as possible to stock looking on the outside, and close to all other LX's. When something is different than the next, it sticks out like a soar thumb. Right know, they are out like 3 inches or something, and if you walk around the car too close, you could snag your leg.
 

1990Coupe

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
1,462
132
114
Toms River NJ
Mar 15, 2008
#7
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #7
SVT32.. here is my coupe.. last summer before i sold it












its all i got for ya...
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Mar 15, 2008
#8
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #8
I have looked at several by searching images throough yahoo. The majority of them look like this one. The tip stops in line wiht the bottom edge,

 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Mar 15, 2008
#9
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #9
Thanks 1990 Coupe and 5.0 DropTop...and Ryan.

Looks like they are even with the cover. I might leave mine out about 1/2" just enough to see them from above. Sweet....thanks guys!!
 

5.0Droptop

...all those nights we shared, and you're a dude??
Special Agent Mukity-Muck Whats in Charge Round Here
May 15, 2002
1,785
1,130
233
Indiana
Mar 15, 2008
#10
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #10
No problem.
 

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
0
1
38
columbus ohio
Mar 15, 2008
#11
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #11
SVT32VDOHC said:
Thanks 1990 Coupe and 5.0 DropTop...and Ryan.

Looks like they are even with the cover. I might leave mine out about 1/2" just enough to see them from above. Sweet....thanks guys!!
Click to expand...

1/2" is what i will be doing with mine too...god i got to many damn things sitting around ready to go on the stang that i dont want to do till after paint...

springs, rear end, wheels / tires, polished tails, i need to get a move on!
 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Mar 15, 2008
#12
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #12
You're not kidding!! Springs is coming. I drove my 91 yesterday to Kroger, parked about 1/4 mile away from evverybody, bought some goodies for the BBQ and fired it up when I got home...........only to run out of PROPANE!!!!!!!!!!! I had to bake everything.HAHA
 
G

GTOreturns

Well-Known Member
Oct 1, 2003
51
17
59
West Coast Best Coast
Mar 15, 2008
#13
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #13
 

1990Coupe

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
1,462
132
114
Toms River NJ
Mar 15, 2008
#14
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #14
ryan218 said:
1/2" is what i will be doing with mine too...god i got to many damn things sitting around ready to go on the stang that i dont want to do till after paint...

springs, rear end, wheels / tires, polished tails, i need to get a move on!
Click to expand...


Thought u were selling for a 4.6

GTOReturns said:
Click to expand...

OMG first time ive ever seen your car! its nice mang!
 
G

GTOreturns

Well-Known Member
Oct 1, 2003
51
17
59
West Coast Best Coast
Mar 15, 2008
#15
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #15
1990Coupe said:
Thought u were selling for a 4.6



OMG first time ive ever seen your car! its nice mang!
Click to expand...

Thanks pal!




 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Mar 15, 2008
#16
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #16
Nice LX, haven't seen it yet!
 
G

GTOreturns

Well-Known Member
Oct 1, 2003
51
17
59
West Coast Best Coast
Mar 15, 2008
#17
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #17
Thank you!


Too get back on track, I'm thinking a ditching the tails and having it dumped rite over the axle. It's legal rite?
 

Turkey Sammich

I can't fap normal. I cracked a rib, then my ankle
Jul 12, 2006
0
59
154
Mar 15, 2008
#18
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #18
Here's mine with magnaflows on. Comes out nearly around 1 1/2 inch beyond the bumper.

View attachment 326714

View attachment 326715
 
G

GTOreturns

Well-Known Member
Oct 1, 2003
51
17
59
West Coast Best Coast
Mar 15, 2008
#19
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #19
Sammich they look good! I can't believe those Nitto's arent eating away your paint from all the crap they kick up!

Look at the very back /bottom of my 1/4. That's not dirt, it's from running Nitto's for 25,000 miles.
 

Turkey Sammich

I can't fap normal. I cracked a rib, then my ankle
Jul 12, 2006
0
59
154
Mar 15, 2008
#20
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #20
GTOReturns said:
Sammich they look good! I can't believe those Nitto's arent eating away your paint from all the crap they kick up!

Look at the very back /bottom of my 1/4. That's not dirt, it's from running Nitto's for 25,000 miles.
Click to expand...



I've sadly daily driven it for 2 years and I still haven't gone over 10,000 miles. Even once it starts to **** up the paint, it wont matter since it's getting repainted.
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Progress Thread "Alter Ego" White 1993 LX 5.0 5spd
  • idareu
  • Sep 9, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
42
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 19, 2025
idareu
For Sale 94 Cobra 408w AOD Project For Sale
  • Labora
  • Oct 11, 2024
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
3
Views
1K
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Aug 17, 2026
Labora
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
For Sale 3-owner 1987 Mustang GT, $18K obro, Lancaster CA
  • Bill Cool
  • Oct 6, 2024
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
4
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Oct 13, 2024
nickyb
Convertible top boot
  • Mustang5L5
  • Nov 1, 2023
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 30, 2023
dwcars0
D
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?