M-2300-K '94 - '95 Suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im talking KYB AGX Adjustables fro 87 -93's. Im gonna get them. Because you can set them stiff so when you hit bumps like im hitting now it wont rub. It will take a hell of alot bigger bump then what im hitting now. Adjustable set stiff with help stop rubbing alot. My neighbor has the KYB non adjustables and his barely rubs.

• Sponsors (?)

The struts are only going to prevent you from bottoming out.

Nothing will stop the rub. Either lift the car back up with springs that sit higher or run a smaller wheel setup.

I run 17x8 Cobra wheels with 235/45/17's and I rub when the wheel is turned. Struts aren't going to do a damn thing for that. I had the same spring/strut setup with pony wheels and that didn't rub. WHen i changed to the 17" cobra wheels i was rubbing the inner liner when i hit bumps in a turn.

That's just to be expected when running a 17" wheel on a lowered fox inside a fender originally designed for 14 and 15" wheels.

Struts will ONLY prevent you from bottoming out over big bumps. They will do NOTHING for the rub.

Lowered cars with big wheels rub....fact of life. Two options, either raise the car up, or run a smaller tire or wheel. If your wheels are 17x9's then there really isn;t much you can do

You dont understand what i am saying. Okay Whats the difference between an adjustable strut and a non-adjustable strut? You can adjust the strut so that it is harder or easier to push down. Okay. So assume i hit a bump that is 2 inches in the ground. Assume my strut now which is non adjustable goes down and my tire rubs. Okay now assume i have adjustable struts set to really stiff. The strut wouldn't go down all the way because that little bump wasn't enough pressure to put it down to rub. You set your struts stiff so that it takes more of a push to get them down. So obviously if you have a strut you can easlily push down and one you have to push as hard as hell to push down. It will take a bigger bump to make my tire rub.

I realize that an adjustable strut will not STOP the rubbing. Because both struts will go down the same distance, only if you set it stiff it takes more of a push to get the stiff one to go down all the way. But it will not rub on the little bumps anymore. Only the big bumps. Im not changing anything. I got the perfect stance. Brand new eibach lowering springs, 18 by 9 Cobra R's and 245/40's on it.

Now do you see what im telling you.

All that I am seeing is that you are telling us that you are going to spend your money for Struts and you are still going to have the exact same problem you have right now.

the shot strut will let the car bounce, bounce, bounce... with less travel each time.
the new strut will only let the car bounce once or maybe twice. but the first stroke of each is about the same distance.

IIRC, shocks and struts are valved so that they compress easily and extend slowly. So that they will go down when they hit bumps, but not bounce up again fast and cause loss of control.

When you go to push down a stock shot strut, it will go right down wit ease. Now if you try to push a stiff adjusted strut, that basturd wont want to go down with little force. It will take alot of force.

thats true...but how much force can you or i possibly put on that strut? not more than we weigh...your car weighs about 3000lbs, give or take a few hundred. the only thing keeping that weight from pushing the struts down are the springs. they work as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.