MAC exhaust fitment trouble...

I installed a MAC o/r H pipe and cat back on my 1995 gt and i cannot figure out why the tailpipes do not extend out past the end of the rear bumper. For that matter it seems as though they hug real tight to the gas tank. Any ideas why this thing fits this s**t ?? :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think you're ever going to purchase an aftermarket system that bolts up and fits perfectly. But ditto on the tailpipes possible being too far into the mufflers. I had a similar issue with my Flowmaster tailpipes, but they simply weren't long enough to extend past the bumper. If they had been brought out any further, they would have been too close to the axle.

No it def is not pushed in too far it bolts together. It's pretty cool for those who are not familiar with mac systems. I think I'm going to take it to a shop and have the fab a piece so it fits correctly . Pretty pissed that a $400 cat back does not fit right any one else have a suggestion????

Not really, you probably just have to go to the exhaust shop and have it fixed. I just did an Ultraflow SS catback on a Cobra last year, and it didn't fit perfect either. One of the tail pipes was a little close to the control arms no matter how I twisted it.

Kurt

No it def is not pushed in too far it bolts together. It's pretty cool for those who are not familiar with mac systems. I think I'm going to take it to a shop and have the fab a piece so it fits correctly . Pretty pissed that a $400 cat back does not fit right any one else have a suggestion????

I have had mac cat backs and h pipes on 2 different 95's. Both fit mine very well. All I can recommend is loosen everything up and and move things around till it fits right. Keep at it! Hope it works out for you!

I have had mac cat backs and h pipes on 2 different 95's. Both fit mine very well. All I can recommend is loosen everything up and and move things around till it fits right. Keep at it! Hope it works out for you!

Yep... ive never had a problem with a cat back other then getting the rusty stock crap off... just loosen it up... Even the flowmaster American thunder fit perfect for the $215 i paid shipped to my house new.

I have MAC 351 full exhaust from engine to bumper. Theres a couple of different hangers that MAC provides for the rear. If its hugging the tank you may also have the tip on the wrong side. But my MAC parts lined up dead even. The tips some to the edge of the bumper and can stick out maybe 1" but im not sure why you would even want more than that.

I have a MAC full bolt on kit with no issues at all. Are your tips not adjustable? I can slide mine 2-3" or so but prefer the tucked look. As said, loosen up the kit and keep moving it around a bit til you get it to your liking.

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0011-1.jpg

so here is the deal....

ok for those who were asking what h pipe and cat back i bought..... I have the o/r H pipe for the 94-95 mustang v8 seeing that my car is a 5.0... and it already had MAC headers when I bought it so everything bolted up great. I then purchased the cat back system pn# TK7995 from www.bieberfever.com due to CJPony parts telling me MAC didnt make this kit anymore which is complete BS. anyway it is 2.5" with 3" chrome tails designed for the 87 to 95 GTs. I took the car to the exhaust shop on friday and its in there but it rattles off something really bad and they said it is a really tight fit.... Sooooooooo i may have them make me a custom cat back set-up..... any thoughts? thanks

go to late model restoration and get the correct mac cat back you need.

That's why I let a muffler shop install my cat back but I'm itching for a h pipe and equal length shorty headers but the welded the cat back to the mid pipes thats gonna be a fun install.