Mac exhaust

LXstang5.0

Dec 23, 2006
Ohio
just wonderimg what the best mac cat-back is for the fox? and i plan on getting a mac pro-chamber also so just wondering the best combos and the best sounding? any suggestions....

• Sponsors (?)

the mac exhaust is a great sounding exhaust to use. 50 resto has the exhaust system part # MAC-TK8995. if you put that exhaust in, put in the mac longtube headers on 50 resto part # MAC-TF3693 will sound good. and the last thing you will need is the offroad h pipe # MAC-TF7993. my friend has a coupe with that setup and it sounds great. I have the mac mufflers on my coupe right now and I am trying to buy that same kit. enjoy it

yea i was planning on getting the flows am. thunder but i heard that macs sound better and are even better quality. so im looking for something either equivalent to flows (or better) with that sweet ass 5.0 sound :D

i had a mac flowpath catback and kept it on for 5 years. i also had the 1 5/8" equal length headers and had problems with cooked wires. i tried the plug wire heat schields but still had the same problem. it sounded great but was a pain the a$$ in the long run. the catback was no problem and got me alot of compliments. good luck on your choice.

The best Mac system for a Mustang is a Bassani system. Sound is a matter of taste, but quality of design, construction, and materials is not.

All true points, but one you over looked, cost... the near $500 Bassani vs the $300 MAC... You get what you pay for, but some people would rather buy the MAC, save the $200 and put it somewhere else (especially on cars that dont see bad weather, road salt, and a lot of miles).

On that note Id LOVE a Bassani catback, but couldnt afford it. I pieced together a Spintech one with 3" tails that will clear any tire I choose, and should be happy with it.

The MAC is great for cost vs sound, the bassani is great for over all quality, without worrying much about budget!