Electrical Mach 460 Speaker Harness Troubleshooting

Hello,

This is my first post on this website! I've been struggling with some things on my 2001 True Blue Bullitt Mustang. The previous owner installed regular speakers in the door panels, which you're not supposed to do due to the OHM rating and the fact that they're component speakers. Etc. Etc. Etc. However, when he did this, he spliced the wires from the panels to connect the new speakers, meaning there's not a harness to connect the original speakers. My question is, how can I reinstall the stock speakers without the harness that plugs in? Is there a place I can buy another harness or do I need to rewire it? I still have both harnesses connected to the stock speakers, but the wires were cut out so it's just a piece of plastic that clips on and I'm not sure how to wire it back up. Thank you for your time, let me know what you think! :)

Sincerely,
Jonathan

• Sponsors (?)

Might be easiest to just find a set of plugs with some wire left on them to splice in.

My personal opinion is that that Mach 460 system is strange, and that these aftermarket speakers (assuming you also have an aftermarket head unit) are probably superior. I gutted mine and went full aftermarket over a blown speaker (but then I ran new wires rather than splicing).

so basically it would be cheaper to try and rewire your speakers but also a much larger headache. the 460 system is a love hate relationship. if you already have an aftermarket head and speakers it would probably be better just to go the rest of the way