Made a video WITH car sounds!!!

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
I've put up a few videos of my car in past, but they all lacked the car sound as the video capturing devise I had was garbage and would only grab the video and not the sound. Well, those days are gone!!! For christmas I got a gift card for Circuit City and bought a new video capturing devise, and this one works!!! I got the ADS DVDXpress setup. Here are my runs from the SSOTN Fall Nat's I recently attended and where I ran my new best. You can definitely hear the car now! I hope you enjoy!

Paul's SSOTN Fall Nat's Video :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

88SC_GT- thanks! Surprisingly the 12.23 at 112.4mph in the left lane had a horrible 1.75 60' compared to my 1.66 on my 12.19 pass. Had it hooked on that 12.23 run, I think that would have been my best. I nailed every shift clean on that run. I was suprised at how consistent I was on the tree too from only having raced like 4-5 times all year.

Thanks everyone! I plan to make many more, I just have to get onto using this setup first. This video took me about 3hrs to make!!! As for the camera, its my mom's mini DVD camera and the mic is built-in... i don't know if I can add anything to it. It was a great day to race, and I was happy to come away with wins against the guys I raced which was a SC'd 94-95 GT convertible in the first vid, a 99-01 cobra in the second, and an '03 cobra on my best pass.

As you watch the video, listen closely to the sound immediately after the board lights up with my 12.19 time... you can hear my wife gasp. That made me so happy when I heard that as she rarely shows any emotion when it comes to my car.

you can get a better wind guard, basicly a fuzzy sock, and put it over the foam one. It may help. If You ever see a production vid or behind the scenes type thing they are the fuzzy/gray looking things over the mic. on the booms and stuff.

YOU could go to some place that has fabric and look for fuzzy fabric of diff. makes, like wool, cott., plyester(sp?) and make your own (like in yellow :D ) to see what works best cheaper.

WhiteStallionGT said:
Man dude, and your only N/A. You planning to put an sc in that thing?

Nope, this car will remain NA. I will continue to tweece and tune it to get the most from it, but it will remain NA. My goal is to run in the 11's and when/if I do my attention will turn to the '90GT I picked up over a year ago. THAT car is going to be my power adder car... I'm planning a single turbo build for it.

In case the above links go dead, here is another to the same video. Use the above on until it becomes dead though please.

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=273EN22BE14GQ08X026BG6JBAN