SN95 MAF 460?

maxine-70

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 27, 2003
louisville, ky
General question....

If one were to take a MAF computer such as an A9 series, or one of the SN95 units, and try to use it to run a stock 460, with its factory 24# injectors, would the computer learn to adapt enough to successfully run it?

• Sponsors (?)

Are we talking like an A9L or A9P ECU out of a Fox or one of the ECU's out of a 94 or 95 GT (sorry do not know those model numbers)? You will need one that came factory with 24 lb/hr injectors like the 93, 94 or 95 Cobras would be the only ones. Then you have to have the correct MAF so the ECU can make the correct calculations for fuel based on the air entering the motor. Where you are going to find a distributor that has the TFI on it or remote mounted I don't know but I am guessing a truck with an injected 460 in it.

This is where I stop as I am completely out of my knowledge base on this. If you decide to push forward with this it should be an interesting project for sure.

No.

MAF's have a specific transfer function and the ECU's are programmed to this function along with injector size. THE ECU is expecting a certain MAF and a certain injector size. The A9x series would be expecting a 19# injector, and you might be able to fudge things around to get it to run, but it likely wouldn't run well.

You'd likely want the 93 cobra ECU which is set for 24# injectors, but you will also need the specific MAF that is matched to that combo.

When it comes to factory parts, ECU-MAF-Injectorsize all needs to match. This is why tuning might be a simpler option.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user