Magnapacks being replaced, need help

Dr Jay

Jan 1, 2004
Canada
Well I had the packs paired with my MRT Catted H for almost a year now and I just don't enjoy the sound as much any more. I want to get back to that old muscle car sound I had with the flowmasters but this time I would like to go with Mac Flowpaths.

Has anyone ever welded flowpaths or any other chambered muffler into the magnapack catback? I'm wondering if I should buy the mufflers and get a shop to weld them in or if I would be better off buying the mac catback. From what I've read the catback I have now is better quality and I really like the tips I have. I just don't want to buy the flowpaths only to find out my current setup can't be modified to work with chambered mufflers.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I had the packs paired with my MRT Catted H for almost a year now and I just don't enjoy the sound as much any more. I want to get back to that old muscle car sound I had with the flowmasters but this time I would like to go with Mac Flowpaths.

Has anyone ever welded flowpaths or any other chambered muffler into the magnapack catback? I'm wondering if I should buy the mufflers and get a shop to weld them in or if I would be better off buying the mac catback. From what I've read the catback I have now is better quality and I really like the tips I have. I just don't want to buy the flowpaths only to find out my current setup can't be modified to work with chambered mufflers.

Haha I did the opposite a year and a half ago. I went from the MRT Catted H with the Mac cat back and had a shop cut the flowpaths out and weld magnapacks in. I like the packs over the flowpaths but that’s just me.

Haha I did the opposite a year and a half ago. I went from the MRT Catted H with the Mac cat back and had a shop cut the flowpaths out and weld magnapacks in. I like the packs over the flowpaths but that’s just me.

That is funny Scupking. I think the pack sound better on your car because it's an auto. I get a little more popping when shifting.

As far as the flowpaths go, am I making the right choice in going with them over the other chambered mufflers out there. Do you have any old clips of the flowpaths paired with the MRT H. Would love to hear that setup.

That is funny Scupking. I think the pack sound better on your car because it's an auto. I get a little more popping when shifting.

As far as the flowpaths go, am I making the right choice in going with them over the other chambered mufflers out there. Do you have any old clips of the flowpaths paired with the MRT H. Would love to hear that setup.

I will check for some videos. The flowpaths are the best choice when it comes to chambered. I had the stainless steel version of the flowpaths.