Makers Garage products

Jersey Joe

I remember blowing that Monkey's ass
10 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Bloomingdale N.j.
I was just curious if anyone here has purchased and installed the Makers Garage Pinch weld cover or the chin spoiler ? I have the Mach 1 chin from LMR but never got around to putting it on. The carbon fiber stuff Makers has is quite expensive but the ABS stuff has started to interest me, I am wondering how the fit is? and if it was worth the money?

• Sponsors (?)

I was going to buy their strut tower scuff plates until I found out they wouldn’t fit with my STB and how it’s bolted onto the tower.

I’m on the fence about the pinch weld covers. I might get a fiberglass set later but I want to see them in person first. These seem like a great idea to me.

as for their chin spoiler, I liked the idea of it at first. I bought a mach 1 chin and never installed it, then I saw the makers garage chin in person and wasn’t a fan. Maybe it’s because I’ve been looking at the lines of an LX nose for a long time, but it seemed out of place.

their concave cobra wheels look sick.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The fitment is top notch . My buddy has one. I met the owner of makers in person at mustang week through @srtthis who is friends with him as well.

I actually like the look of the Mach 1 better but it takes a little massaging to get on there and I'm not looking forward to making a bunch of holes in the bottom of the nose, but the pinch weld covers in pictures look really nice, just wonder how they are attached and do the pinch welds need to be tweaked in anyway to fit ?
I was going to buy their strut tower scuff plates until I found out they wouldn’t fit with my STB and how it’s bolted onto the tower.

I’m on the fence about the pinch weld covers. I might get a fiberglass set later but I want to see them in person first. These seem like a great idea to me.

as for their chin spoiler, I liked the idea of it at first. I bought a mach 1 chin and never installed it, then I saw the makers garage chin in person and wasn’t a fan. Maybe it’s because I’ve been looking at the lines of an LX nose for a long time, but it seemed out of place.

I actually like the look of the Mach 1 better but it takes a little massaging to get on there and I'm not looking forward to making a bunch of holes in the bottom of the nose, but the pinch weld covers in pictures look really nice, just wonder how they are attached and do the pinch welds need to be tweaked in anyway to fit ?

yeah that was also another reason I didn’t do the mach lip.

However, I think I’ve convinced myself to install my 93 cobra grill

I don't think I'll ever have the courage to take a saw to the original grill, but I wish you luck with yours haha, and just maybe I'll get tired of looking at that Mach 1 chin sitting in the box and start drilling some holes.
yeah that was also another reason I didn’t do the mach lip.

However, I think I’ve convinced myself to install my 93 cobra grill

Makers has some nice stuff, have you checked out Carter Customs? They make some nice stuff, I like their GT front bumper splitter
i'm looking at their rear diffuser. It looks badass but us like $400

I was not aware of Carter customs, I'll take a look thanks.
They make GT LX specific splitters
i'm looking at their rear diffuser. It looks badass but us like $400

i know I really like it!! Seen it on this cobra that swapped in a gt350 motor and some crazy transmission.

Attachments

• D5A1E213-8B0B-4B0A-8227-DEF0F30468CB.jpeg
    D5A1E213-8B0B-4B0A-8227-DEF0F30468CB.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 283

Those wheels will be available for pre-order next month. They are dope but idk about 2k!!
844A9248-1591-4F50-BA04-512924B51C3D.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
When you think of it, $2k for wheels is typical. Weld RTS will run you about that. A set of aftermarket Forged wheels will be 2x that. A restored set of Stern wheels is in that ballpark.

When you think of it, $2k for wheels is typical. Weld RTS will run you about that. A set of aftermarket Forged wheels will be 2x that. A restored set of Stern wheels is in that ballpark.
:poo: my alumastars fronts were almost 2k with tires used. 2k for wheels isnt really that bad. I talked to jason the other day about them

You guys have gotten used to cheap knock off wheels (most of which look wrong in some way shape or form). Good wheels aren't cheap new, it's just the way it is. Would i want to pay 2 grand? Of course not, but that doesn't mean they are priced wrong. I'm sure it wasn't cheap to redo the cobra wheels or it wouldn't have literally taken years.

That rear splitter is interesting, i think it could look fine on some cars, but for sure the car will need to be a really low and wide road race look. I think if you slap it on a typical fox, it will look race carish on a non race car.

Reactions: 4 users