Makers Garage products

You guys have gotten used to cheap knock off wheels (most of which look wrong in some way shape or form). Good wheels aren't cheap new, it's just the way it is.

Exactly.

There's more to mods/wheels beyond what LMR sells. LMR has a habit of buying parts-store caliber replacement parts and marking them up significantly.

Those wheels are competitively priced for what they are. I actually thought they would run higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Try to price out a set of new OEM wheels. They are sometimes almost 1k each.

It takes money to make things right. We are spoiled by the cheap cost of overseas products. Their govt. subsidizes the cost as a push to take over and hold control of the markets. I'd gladly pay more for good American designed and made parts. It's also a supply and demand type of thing. The first runs are always lower quantities and higher prices. Once the numbers even out and get ahead of the demand the price will even out. If you want to be the first, or one of only a few that have it, you will have to pay.

There are so many good used wheels for these cars. In 30 + years I've never spent more than $500 on a set of wheels, but then again I am very old school and don't need the 18-20 inch wheels. I see the price of Weld's have gone up substantially this year

There are so many good used wheels for these cars. In 30 + years I've never spent more than $500 on a set of wheels, but then again I am very old school and don't need the 18-20 inch wheels. I see the price of Weld's have gone up substantially this year
Yea a set of 17" weld fronts are 775 a wheel now. They just keep going up and up every few months.

• Surprised
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Exactly.

There's more to mods/wheels beyond what LMR sells. Those wheels are competitively priced for what they are. I actually thought they would run higher.
Most things worth owning don't usually come easy or cheap. Following the LMR path is fine, but you really aren't going to win any awards for originality.

Even worse, there is a limited market for foxbody wheels. Yeah, maybe a few other cars they can go on, but how many people are really still looking for fox wheels at this point?
A company isn't going to spend thousands to develop something with a limited market, then sell the product cheap.
One could even argue that the point may not be to make a ton of money on those wheels, but to bring some needed publicity to the brand for future products.
Without those wheels i personally wouldn't know about them. Be curious to see if they made a front splitter for the saleen front valence, bet it would look good, but i think for sure it would be scraping on anything and everything.

What i'd really like to know about are those AP racing brakes on their cover car. They look like 14's.
Only time i've seen similar (but smaller) was on 2000 and 20001 saleens, but they were 13 inch AP's.

Oh geez, now you got me wanting this thing, pretty neat looking. I think it would look pretty good underneath the rear of the Ole black LX..haha
i'm looking at their rear diffuser. It looks badass but us like $400

Older thread but I ended up getting the ABS front splitter and just got around to installing it a couple weeks ago nice quality piece and I‘m very happy with the way it looks on my car

9EFD39DF-62B2-4ABC-A90A-D35CC3D43C4B.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
You guys have gotten used to cheap knock off wheels (most of which look wrong in some way shape or form). Good wheels aren't cheap new, it's just the way it is. Would i want to pay 2 grand? Of course not, but that doesn't mean they are priced wrong. I'm sure it wasn't cheap to redo the cobra wheels or it wouldn't have literally taken years.

That rear splitter is interesting, i think it could look fine on some cars, but for sure the car will need to be a really low and wide road race look. I think if you slap it on a typical fox, it will look race carish on a non race car.
Some of us are have prices for American Racing, Cragar, Keystone, and Torque Thrust wheels were in paper catalogs, and $200/each wheels were Stoopid expensive.

just scored a set of the fiberglass pinch weld covers like new with hardware from FB for $200. I'll take pics when I get them. I'll do a garage scuff and shoot to match the factory EP paint on the vert.

Installed them as is painted gloss black. Didnt come with instructions and first side took me about 20 minutes to line up and figure out how the damn things go on. I used dum dum to help secure and hold them in place while I lined it up and drilled the holes in the bottom of the rockers. second side took ten minutes. I did not remove the front wheels or jaclk up the car to install. I think they look pretty good and lot better than looking at the ugly pinch welds

Attachments

• july 24 1.jpg
    july 24 1.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 85
  • july 24 3.jpg
    july 24 3.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 85
  • july 24 4.jpg
    july 24 4.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: 2 users
Kabuki Notch. How was the install? Any problems, issues, helpful hints? Getting ready to order one and just want to know what I’m getting involved with. Anything would be helpful.

And I’m contemplating painting mine the color of car so it blends better. You have a nice darker color so the black looks great but mine is a two tone with the light silver lower. The black will stand out too much.

Kabuki Notch. How was the install? Any problems, issues, helpful hints? Getting ready to order one and just want to know what I’m getting involved with. Anything would be helpful.

And I’m contemplating painting mine the color of car so it blends better. You have a nice darker color so the black looks great but mine is a two tone with the light silver lower. The black will stand out too much.
install was simple, 20-30mins or so, Makers provides you with very detailed installation instructions (almost too detailed) as well as potential problems you could run into. I used the attached clamps the kit came with and I jack-stand for the center. I also had a buddy help with the install, we just lined it up pre-marked the holes drilled, added the fold over nuts to the splitter and installed very simple.

here's a pic of a gentleman on Instagram running the splitter on a two tone car so you can get an idea, I think the black looks good on two-tone then again i get your point his car is practically black
his username is twilight_foxbody if you want to see more pictures

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210729-085436.png
    Screenshot_20210729-085436.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 78