Making my EFI harness from an 89: What wires can I cut out?

monk302

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2001
New Jersey
Hey everyone,

I am making my wiring harness now out of an 89 EFI harness. I have my book by Charles Probst and have been reading it. What I would like to know is what sensors are absolutely necessary and which ones can I cut out. I would appreciate all your input and experience.

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

I just finished doing the same thing except mine was a 95 harness so it was slightly different.

Basically what you see on this diagram is all you need:
EFI_harness.gif

Somethings that aren't shown need to have resistors wired in to keep from getting a check engine light all the time.

Everything you need to know is over at www.fordfuelinjection.com

OOPS Tubo3 was posting as I was typing.

68rustang said:
I just finished doing the same thing except mine was a 95 harness so it was slightly different.

Basically what you see on this diagram is all you need:
EFI_harness.gif

Somethings that aren't shown need to have resistors wired in to keep from getting a check engine light all the time.

Everything you need to know is over at www.fordfuelinjection.com

OOPS Tubo3 was posting as I was typing.

That kind of diagram is exactly what i was looking for. I didn't see that over on Ford Fuel Injection. Guess I didn't look carefully enough. I printed out a few pages of their instructions but didn't see that.

Additionally, Rustang, when you cleaned up your wiring did you just cut the wires or did you also take out the pins in the connector that goes to the computer?