Manual to C-4 Swap - Neutral Safety Switch

wido78

Founding Member
Jan 24, 2002
Olathe, Ks
I am in the process of finishing the C-4 swap on my Fox Body and am trying to figure out how to change the "Neutral Safety" wiring from the manual over to the C-4.

I have the micro switch on the shifter, however am trying to figure out which wires I should run to the switch.

It appears that there is some type of switch attached to the top of the old clutch pedal via a small cable. The switch has 4 wires coming out of it and I would guess this is what I need to tap in to...however I am not sure which wires to use.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

• Sponsors (?)

There is a thread on here somewhere that tells you which one to bypass i can't find it at the moment. I'm in the middle of swapping the t5 for a c4 and the thread said jumper the brown wire connecter that goes to the clutch switch. I''m having a problem with my swap already my crank is very hard to turn when the bell housing and converter bolts are tight. I'm thing the converter is not seated properly. Does that sound correct? Does your engine turn over easy with a breaker bar on the crank bolt. Thanks Jason

There is a thread on here somewhere that tells you which one to bypass i can't find it at the moment. I'm in the middle of swapping the t5 for a c4 and the thread said jumper the brown wire connecter that goes to the clutch switch.

Thanks, I will take a look around for the thread.

I''m having a problem with my swap already my crank is very hard to turn when the bell housing and converter bolts are tight. I'm thing the converter is not seated properly. Does that sound correct? Does your engine turn over easy with a breaker bar on the crank bolt. Thanks Jason

I haven't progressed this far yet...dumb question did you take out the pilot bearing?

Typical start circuit...
Diagram courtesy of Tmoss &Stang&2birds
attachment.php

Yes check your converter to pump engagement before you go any further. make sure it is fully engaged, then bolt the bellhousing down, then slide the TC forward and attatch it to the flywheel.

Hey man, if you just leave the plug hooked up from the old t5 you dont have to wire it, you can if you want, but the motor will crank with the stock plug plugged into it. I just did it on mine and it cranked over!

Anthony