Manual transmission mount not wide enough...

Berto

May 2, 2017
I swapped my AOD out for a WC T5. As the title says the crewmember isn't wide enough, or the body is sagging in the middle? Just curious if any one has ran into this. My crossmember will slide into the brackets no problem,but I can bolt one side in and the other hole is about an inch off. I have to use a ratchet strap to pull it wide enough to bolt the other side in. Any other solutions?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you have the wrong cross member.

When I did my t5 swap, the 5-spd one slid right in. In fact, if you really wanted, grind the welds and slide your AOD one into position for the t5 and then toss a few tack welds on (or mark it, remove it, and have it tacked)

Sounds like you have the wrong cross member.

When I did my t5 swap, the 5-spd one slid right in. In fact, if you really wanted, grind the welds and slide your AOD one into position for the t5 and then toss a few tack welds on (or mark it, remove it, and have it tacked)
There's no issue of the crossmember sliding in it just doesn't reach the bolt holes you can bolt in on one side while it's still in the bracket but I have to stretch the crossmember out more to be able to Bolt on the other side

Sounds like the floorpan has some distortion from age and use. Some careful jacking and bending should help.

Have you measured both crossmembers or put them side by side?