massive bolt on power

The v6 guys can be almost as bad sometimes.

There's been a few times where the 60HP difference between the V6 and GT can be EASILY made up by an exhaust, CAI and pulley by more than one cocky V6 owner in AZ after spotting me pull in in my GT.

I hope you decided to "re-educate" him on the facts when leaving the parking lot? :D

• Sponsors (?)

I have a buddy at work that believes he will be around 400RWHP with just a few boltins on his mach 1.
I didnt say anything....ill just let him figure it out when he gets to the dyno :)

He said he had researched it alot and thats what he should be making :shrug: . This guy is really bright...one of our maintenance techs (semiconductor industry)....I dont know where where he was researching when he came accross bolts+Mach1=400RWHP though. LOL

The v6 guys can be almost as bad sometimes.

There's been a few times where the 60HP difference between the V6 and GT can be EASILY made up by an exhaust, CAI and pulley by more than one cocky V6 owner in AZ after spotting me pull in in my GT.

lol was he in a silver v6??? my cocky musclehead friend thinks he can whoop up on my GT with his v6 with 4.10 and thats it, never will go to firebird international and race me tho, so maybe that guy in AZ was him lol

What I find funny is this.

All the easy bolt on parts claim you gain X amount of horsepower for a relativley low cost.

When you step it up, you find you gain what you pay for in most cases.

You see FAR FAR FAR less blower/turbo/nitrous advertisments BS'ing their numbers than you do intake, exhaust, tuner, pullie companies because their ~~~~ works, hahaha.

Buy an NX Nitrous kit, slap in the 150 shot jets and gain 149.xx RWHP...:D

V6 hehehe - There was an S197 V6 in front of me at the stop light and the guy revved it up and punched it and I was keeping up with a bit of throttle in first and not much at all in 2nd. A V6 with nitrous + gears could be a handful to deal with though. I've heard gas mileage in those V6's are almost identical for the V8. Might as well shell out an extra 10% on price and get the V8. I think some people think a mustang is a mustang and don't differentiate a V6 from the GT. Oh well, I'm sure people on the Camaro/Firebird forums are having similar discussions there too.

i went to go take some parts off a wrecked bullitt two weeks ago.

when i got there the owners son was the only home. he was around 16. he said that the car was still in good shape except the front was smashed and ruined the intercooler and all the stuff on the front. i went to the backyard to check it out.

i looked and said "wheres's the intercooler?" he said "right there" (pointed to the radiator):rolleyes:

then he said "what does your car run at the track?"
me: ive taken it once and ran a 14.2
him: oh yeah this **** ran 13.1
me: that's pretty good, at what speed?
him: i think it was like 120, i can't remember.
me: cool:nice:....:bs:

his car was 100% stock:D

people like this just kill me. i have run into countless idiots claiming huge numbers from little to no mods. I had a kid tell me his civic si ran 12s with a H/C/I. i said in the 1/8th? he said no dude in the 1/4. i just laughed and said thats cool. this is why we need autoshop in highschool. I took it and it straigtened my stupid ass out. before I went through my first week i didnt understand why you couldnt have a 2000hp street car. some people will never get it though. There is a guy that i know through some friends that claims he has 80s somehting 600hp lotus. when i asked him what mods he has he just said he just turned up the boost. when i asked him how he uped the boost he said i dont know the guy who tuned my car did it. completed bs. and when you look at the car its completely stock.

I have a buddy at work that believes he will be around 400RWHP with just a few boltins on his mach 1.
I didnt say anything....ill just let him figure it out when he gets to the dyno :)

He said he had researched it alot and thats what he should be making :shrug: . This guy is really bright...one of our maintenance techs (semiconductor industry)....I dont know where where he was researching when he came accross bolts+Mach1=400RWHP though. LOL
Well a S/C and nitrous is a bolt on so that should get him there :p

I agree and dont at the same time :scratch:

I think for the most parts a bolt on is anything easy to add by the user without tearing INSIDE the engine. Its just being bolted to the outside to add hp. So a blower or nitrous is bolted on without going into the engine. Also alot of kits like a Vortech can be added without tuning the computer cause of the FMU and such. Now I also think an off the shelf tune is a bolt on cause all you are doing it plugging in the programmer and telling it "go". And you can call up SCT and say "hey I got da nawz, can you send me a new tune" cant you?

Came across a guy with a silver GT over the weekend. He was checking out the sleepermobile and gave the usual "nice". I said the same and asked what he had done to it. "I've got a K&N filter and borla mufflers, pushing around 315 horsepower". He had the nice rims, wide tires, etc. The guy was pretty young - probably no more than 18 years old. So I didn't want to laugh in his face. He asked what type of mods I had to done to my car, so I popped open the hood and explained that I was a little under 270hp to the rear wheels. "But the mufflers was supposed to add 20HP and the filter was suppsoed to add 15hp?". If I worked in sales, I definitely would have gotten this guys number and sold him anything and everything under the sky. Anyone else run across these folks?

i tell people i got boltons dont ever tell him the hp output though i just run against them and they say damn that thing runs good for boltons. guess they were not smelling the air and searching for the sweet smell of spray lol.