Brakes Master Cylinder Brake lines W/third Line?

Swhitney

Feb 11, 2019
Oregon City
I'm in the middle of trying to install the 93 Cobra master cylinder using the brake line adapter, but I quickly realized my setup never had a third brake line going to the master cylinder. What am I missing here? What steps should I now take?

Photo Sep 23, 5 06 12 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Sep 23, 5 06 00 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 23, 5 06 00 PM.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Sponsors (?)

The union on the bottom shouldn't be there from the factory. Looks like someone has already done the 3-2 conversion. The 3rd line to the MC is the one going to the backside of the union 90* to the prop valve.

You just need the two lines going to the cobra MC, which should be the same two lines that went in that spot for the OEM 3-port MC

The union on the bottom shouldn't be there from the factory. Looks like someone has already done the 3-2 conversion. The 3rd line to the MC is the one going to the backside of the union 90* to the prop valve.

You just need the two lines going to the cobra MC, which should be the same two lines that went in that spot for the OEM 3-port MC

Are you referring to the image below? How should it be routed? Do I need a new proportioning valve block, or does it simply need to be blocked off? So confused right now.

Photo Sep 23, 5 06 12 PM (1).jpg

I'm saying leave it alone. The work is done.

All you need to do is connect the MC to the combo valve with the 2 lines. 1 line is shown with the blue fitting, and the other is missing (the empty port)

Ordered the plug and I have the adjustable valve installed already. Question though, how far in or out does this need to be screwed in or out?

Unfortunately you’ll have to figure this out on your own, and I admit the Internet is lacking instructions on how to properly do this.

It will depend on things like vehicle weight, weight distribution, the actual brakes you have on the car, tire size and how sticky your rear tires actually are

And that is why I used the guts from a 1995 GT to switch with my stock guts( plunger , spring), since the weight is negligible.
I've driven this way daily for over 7'500 miles and even in panic stops they stop on a dime.