Matt's Humble Fox

What do you think?

• More Detail!!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Less Detail!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello everybody! I have read a few threads here and there trying to get my project together over the past year, y'know issue by issue, more specific as time goes, finding solutions to the mess of a hack four eye t-top that i semi- naively bought a year ago. lol anyway here she is, i call it humble fox cause she has been through the ringer. Here is what i have been able to accomplish thus far. Btw i am a nooob at posting threads and so on , so i intend to show the process i have been through, pic by pic with a caption to describe if i do it wrong sorry ...my bad.
IMG_0989.JPG

glory. pure glory, you know the moment when it sits on your land for the first time, safe secure...possibilities.
IMG_0991.JPG
let's take a closer look at what i got myself into lol.
IMG_0992.JPG
So obviously what we have here is...a mess, but to those who know more, bbk 75mm tb bbk fpr and auto meter guage, gt-40 upper and lower, gt-40 heads, 306. no a/c, electric fan, shortys, taylor 8mm to msd 6al.
IMG_0999.JPG
looks to me it has been in a soft front end collision of some sort, the rad supposrt also shows a major impact of some kind, like a curb mounting or something... not sure yet, may never know...
IMG_1003.JPG
Did come with some nice weld racing rims though, rubber was no good but the dude threw in an extra 2 with new mickey thompson sportsman rubber, can't complain about that. shouda took a picture lol.
IMG_1009.JPG
the interior is all original, and a little more thrashed than i had realized but pretty much complete!
IMG_1015.JPG
Someone had painted her flat black , and poorly i might add, but i still liked the look of the 3" magnaflow poking out. From here i decided to tear into it for phase one, clean up the engine bay and see what i'm working with.
IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_1036.JPG
IMG_1038.JPG
What a mess of electrical madness , frikin' lucky she didn't burn at some point yeesh! my apologies for the poor iphone pics its all i have for reference. tbc......

Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice mess you got there, it's got lots of promise, extra points for the intake and center lines! I'll move this to the fox talk forums so you can get the attention that will spur you on.
Keep this thread going with your progress. :nice:
I gave it a catchy title too!

Last edited:
Welcome to Stangnet.

A 4i t-top is a good thing.

Do you intend to pull the engine?

It’s a little “rustic” right now, but it’ll get better.

How deep do you want to go into restoring it?

I remember you now, you commented on Scott's thread. I'm glad you're starting your own, looking forward to the progress.

Last edited:
Nice mess you got there, it's got lots of promise, extra points for the intake and center lines! I'll move this to the fox talk forums so you can get the attention that will spur you on.
Keep this thread going with your progress. :nice:
I gave it a catchy title too!
Thanks! Appreciate the help, especially with the title idea :)
Yeah, when i first saw her and heard her running i just kept thinking....gotta save her. too many hands beat on and passed through,:nonono: the tales she could tell...

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to Stangnet.

A 4i t-top is a good thing.

Do you intend to pull the engine?

It’s a little “rustic” right now, but it’ll get better.

How deep do you want to go into restoring it?

I remember you now, you commented on Scott's thread. I'm glad you're starting your own, looking forward to the progress.

Yeah Scott's thread was super inspiring to me, yours too man!

I'd like to pull the motor and t-5 out of it after this upcoming season when hopefully budget allows me to actually shave the engine bay,
fix/replace the rad support and give the motor a more thorough analysis/cleanup too!

lol the car and i are the same age and i thought " its a little rough i'm a little rough.... i like rustic better :nice:

I could only dream of going to Scott's level with this car, and i could never budget a build like that...and stay married
but for now i definitely want to shine up what i have, push my limits and learn new skills while keeping the number closer to 10k or so for baseline finished 5-8ft car, if i can pull that off:nonono:
so i don't think i am going to worry about show quality, just a nice tight, semi-stock fox for starters, and see where the road takes it from there

Reactions: 1 user
So began the rattle can hose down for now...
IMG_1043.JPG
Started to get into the drivers side next...
IMG_1060.JPG
Tons of grime and layers of flaking spray bomb paint and overspray everywhere grr...
IMG_1062.JPG

notice the awesome lack of proper masking technique, the semi clean blanket and the strange sheep and fox? print lol I do hope to one day strip the bay, do a weld up/shave and proper ss paint job but not for now its $10 and some tlc.
IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG

wtf? this is what i un wrapped under some sketchy elec. tape that was running from the relay to the top of my little moroso blaster coil :lol::rlaugh:
IMG_1090.JPG

So this is after kinda bolting things back into their general spaces, i did tidy up the harness a bit too since it was all looped over itself and mushed in by the frame rail and jammed between the strut tower and close to the headers in spots, like the melted speedo cable i found:uzi: lol So much much more to clean but i decided to wait on that and concentrate elsewhere

Attachments

• IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    571.7 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: 4 users
Got to admit, that rattle can paint job really helped.

The wiring is hilarious! Some people just shouldn’t be allowed to open the hoods of their cars.....

Reactions: 1 users